Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Area
- Insurance Bad Faith
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Plattner Verderame, PC (formerly Richard S. Plattner, PC)
- - Current
- Certified Specialist in Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization, 1991. Arizona Association for Justice (formerly Arizona Trial Lawyers Assoc.), President, 1991. Arizona Association for Justice, Sustaining Member, 1983 - Present. Arizona Association for Justice, Life Member, 2004 - Present. American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America), Sustaining Member, 1986 - Present. American Association for Justice, Leaders' Forum, 2001 - Present. American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), 1997 - present. Arizona Supreme Court Commission, Legal Ethics Reform, 1994 - Present Arizona State Bar Association, Civil Practice and Procedure Committee, 1987 - 1999 Arizona State Bar Association, Committee on Recommended Arizona Jury Instructions, 1991 - 1992 Arizona State Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee, 1986 - 1988 Arizona State Bar Association, Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee, 1986 - 1987
- Arizona State University
- J.D. | Law
- Michigan State University
- B.A. (1973) | Pre-Law, psychology, foreign language
- Honors: Graduated "with honors" from the Honors College.
- Activities: Two summers at Clarion Science Fiction Writers Workshop. One summer farming in Norway.
- Arizona State Bar
- - Current
- Activities: Published Works Appellate Highlights, AzTLA Advocate, 1985 Principal Editor, Maricopa County Superior Court Judges, AzTLA, 1985 "Evaluation & Settlement of Personal Injury Cases in Arizona: Plaintiffs' Perspective", PESI, 1990 "ADVOCACY: The Last Bastion of Caveat Emptor", Arizona Rules of Court., Petition to Arizona Supreme Court to Modify Arizona Ethics Rules , 1993 "Lawyering: Beyond the Adversary System", Arizona Attorney, 1994 "Locking the Courthouse Door", Trial Practice, 1995 "The Discovery Czar Approach to Limiting Litigation Abuse", Maricopa County Superior Court Civil Study Committee, August, 1997 "Discovery Disputes: How to Run the Railroad Without Railroading Anybody", MaricopaLawyer, November, 1997 Discussed: Up And Running: The Jami Goldman Story, Goldman & Cagan, Pocket Books (Simon & Schuster, Inc.), 2001 Representative Cases Malone v. Sullivan, 124 Ariz. 469, 605 P.2d 447 (Ariz. 1980) St. Paul Property and Liability Ins. Co. v. Eymann, 166 Ariz. 344, 802 P.2d 1043 (Ariz.App. Div. 1 1990) Plattner v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 168 Ariz. 311, 812 P.2d 1129 (Ariz.App. Div. 1 1991) Pruett v. Farmers Ins. Co. of Arizona, 175 Ariz. 447, 857 P.2d 1301 (Ariz.App. Div. 1 1993) Montgomery Ward & Co., Inc. v. Superior Court In and For County of Maricopa, 176 Ariz. 619, 863 P.2d 911 (Ariz.App. Div. 1 1993) Matter of Conservatorship of Fallers, 181 Ariz. 227, 889 P.2d 20 (Ariz.App. Div. 1 1994) Cunningham v. Goettl Air Conditioning, Inc., 194 Ariz. 236, 980 P.2d 489, 295 Ariz. Adv. Rep. 7 (Ariz. 1999) Walk v. Ring, 202 Ariz. 310, 44 P.3d 990, 378 Ariz. Adv. Rep. 61 (Ariz. 2002) Safeway Ins. Co., Inc. v. Guerrero, 210 Ariz. 5, 106 P.3d 1020, 446 Ariz. Adv. Rep. 51 (Ariz. 2005) Plattner v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 168 Ariz. 311, 812 P.2d 1129 (Ariz.App. Div. 1 1991)
Websites & Blogs
- An Arizona Personal Injury Firm That Puts People First
- Personal Injury News Phoenix, AZ
- Can a Car Accident Cause Chiari Malformation?
16 January 2020
- How Long Will My Car Accident Claim Take?
30 December 2019
- What Are the Costs of Catastrophic Injuries?
3 December 2019
- Frank Verderame and Randy Hinsch Were Named 2019 Southwest Super Lawyers
31 October 2019
- Is Now the Right Time to Settle Your Truck Crash Claim?
7 October 2019
- What Causes Chemical Birth Defects?
1 October 2019
- Monsanto Keeps Losing at Trial, but Roundup Might Not Go Away
24 September 2019
- How a Section 1983 Claim Can Protect Your Civil Rights in Cases of Excessive Force and Police Brutality
23 September 2019
- Cars Have Been Designed to Keep Male Bodies Safe While Largely Ignoring Female Bodies in Crash Tests
17 September 2019
Contact & Map