Free Consultation: (352) 371-2670Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Long H. Duong

Mr. Long H. Duong

LD Legal, LLC
  • Probate, Elder Law, Estate Planning
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

Florida Probate Attorney: Though my practice areas include estate planning and real estate work, my practice has become largely focused on Florida Probate cases. My firm's flagship website is where many if not most of our clients start. Prior to opening my doors in the greater Orlando area, I was associate counsel at Rarick & Associates, P.A., the leading estate planning firm in Miami Lakes, Florida. I also clerked for Becker & Poliakoff, P.A. in Ft. Lauderdale. When I can get away from the office, I am a proud internet geek, Florida Gator fan, husband and father.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
Additional Practice Areas
  • Medicaid Planning
  • Estate Administration
  • Wills and Trusts
  • Guardianship
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Free Consultation
    Free Phone consultations for probate and guardianship matters - Limit 15 minutes. In-office consultations require flat fee.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Owner, Principal
LD Legal, LLC
- Current
Owner, Principal
Long H. Duong, P.A.
I practice primarily Florida Probate Law and Estate Administration. My office is in Gainesville, Florida but my firm services clients nationwide for probate matters statewide.
Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University
J.D. | Law
Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University Logo
Kings College
B.A. | Psychology
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 11857
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Florida Probate Attorney
LD Legal, LLC - Florida Estate, Probate and Elder Law Firm
Legal Answers
37 Questions Answered

Q. Can my dead sister's husband claim my sister's inheritance?
A: Based solely upon the facts you've presented and assuming the property is still legally titled only in your mother's name, you have at least a 50% interest. The other 50% may eventually go to your sister's husband through a probate administration of her/your sister's estate. You should definitely consult with a probate attorney.
Q. Hello, My mother died & she had a home in the state of FL. My father has not claimed the house & it’s in pre-foreclose.
A: Assuming your mother and father were married until she passed, he has standing to bring a probate administration in Florida. That said, you could, as a potentially interested party do the same provided he doesn't object. He would be the beneficiary if your mother had no other children outside of her marriage to your father. If the home is lost to foreclosure, the bank is only entitled to keep what is owed to them. If there is any "profit" from the foreclosure sale/auction, that goes back to your mother's estate and can be recovered through probate. Talk to a lawyer asap.
Q. My stepfather left me his home in his will, was told I will have to sell to pay off debt but I want to keep to live in.
A: Does the Will say the homestead MUST be sold? If not, then there is no mandate to sell the property to pay off other debts. It's unclear if the advice you've received is from an attorney - either way, I'd seek another qualified opinion.
Q. I was informed a few weeks ago that I am to get my deceased mother's pension/retirement. All I have is the death cert.
A: If she was a Connecticut resident, you are going to have to seek advice in Connecticut. Probate in Florida only occurs for estates where the deceased resided in Florida at time of death or where the deceased owned property in Florida. Hope that helps.
Q. Exhusband passed away. No will. Asked his 2 young children and me (exwife, current family). To live in it
A: Are the kids minors? If so, she can’t throw them out assuming their father is the current title holder. Contact an attorney directly.
Q. mom passed away . 2 brothers living in her house. House is in my name, electric still in moms. Can I have it turned off
A: You should consult with your probate attorney if you're already in probate. That said: Consider contacting the utility company and explaining that your mother passed. They will provide you with options for transferring or scheduling shutdown of service. If possible, notify your brothers so they can take over service if they intend to stay there. If you do nothing, the utility company will eventually shut it off for non-payment and they may file a claim against your mother's estate in probate court for the amount due. Again, consult with your attorney for firm, reliable advice.
Q. I purchased a house in FL, but I noticed that they did not put my wife's as co-owner and her name is not on the deed.
A: It will, at the very least, require a determination by a probate judge that it was your residential homestead in order to pass on to your spouse. You could correct this relatively easily by executing a warranty deed to add your spouse. Contact a lawyer to have one prepared so it's done correctly the first time.
Q. Question about a property after one of the spouses has died.
A: Based strictly on the facts you’ve provided, probate will probably be necessary because of the lack of marital designation on the deed. The Will should control but it must be admitted to probate before it becomes effective. I strongly recommend you contact a probate attorney.
Q. When a married couple owns a home with it in husbands name. Does it automatically go to wife if there is no will?
A: If the deed is only in your father’s name, you’ll have to probate your father’s estate and your mother’s estate in order to pass it on to your mother’s children. This is assuming of course that there is no will just you being the assets to persons other than descendants. I strongly suggest you contact a probate attorney for representation
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
11 NW 33rd Ct
Gainesville, FL 32607
Telephone: (352) 371-2670
Fax: (866) 440-9154