Mr. Billy B. Ruhling II
- Appeals & Appellate, Bankruptcy, Business Law ...
- District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia
Billy Ruhling, II, is an experienced litigator focusing on civil litigation matters. His experience in civil litigation has focused on complex commercial litigation, bankruptcy and business torts. Mr. Ruhling has represented clients in actions covering a broad spectrum, including insurance coverage, professional liability defense, antitrust claims, contract disputes, tort claims, breach of corporate duties, and fraud.
Before joining Troutman Sanders LLP, Mr. Ruhling was on active duty as an Army Judge Advocate, where he served as a Branch Chief in the Army's Defense Appellate Division, U.S. Army Legal Services Agency. There, in addition to supervising seven appellate attorneys, he represented soldiers appealing convictions at courts-martial before the United States Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and the U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals. Mr. Ruhling currently serves in the United States Army Reserves as a Major in the Judge Advocate General's Corps.
Mr. Ruhling also served as a trial-level defense counsel as well as a Brigade Legal Advisor to the Aviation Brigade of the 3d Infantry Division responsible for providing advice in areas of national security law, international law, and administrative law in peace-time and during Operator Iraqi Freedom I, while simultaneously serving as a felony-level prosecutor.
Mr. Ruhling earned his Bachelor of Science in Economics from the United States Military Academy. He received his Juris Doctorate, with Honors, Order of the Coif, from the College of William & Mary School of Law. Mr. Ruhling went on to earn an L.L.M. in Military Law from the Army Judge Advocate School.
Mr. Ruhling is a member in good standing with the Bars of Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, the United States Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Maryland, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and the Army Court of Criminal Appeals.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Foreclosure Defense
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Court of Federal Claims
- D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School
- LL.M. | Military Law
- William & Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Order of the Coif; Order of the Barristers; Winner and Best Oralist - Conrad C. Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition
- Activities: Law Review; Moot Court
- United States Military Academy
- B.S. | Economics
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.