Michael Smeenk Esq.Boulder County Real Estate & Probate Attorney
- Business Law, Elder Law, Estate Planning ...
I primarily counsel clients in real estate, estate planning and estate administration matters.
In my real estate practice, I advise buyers, sellers and real estate brokers through all phases of purchase, sale and lease transactions. I have guided many clients through the nuances of loan modifications, short sales and foreclosures, and have settled or renegotiated tens of millions of dollars in loan obligations. I also advise real estate brokers in Colorado Real Estate Commission and federal compliance matters.
As an estate planning attorney, I routinely draft wills, trusts, powers of attorney and living wills for clients. I also create asset protection and gifting vehicles, including LLC’s, family partnerships and complex trusts. My experience in drafting and implementing estate plans provides valuable insight when working through the probate administration process.
In estate administration proceedings, I represent personal representatives, trustees and beneficiaries to ensure that post-death matters are administered appropriately. I also represent clients in connection with guardianship and conservatorship cases. Further, I coordinate a monthly volunteer probate clinic at the Boulder County Court where unrepresented parties can receive assistance from local attorneys.
Before practicing law full time, I gained practical small business management experience in growing from an intern to a Vice President / Corporate Counsel role with an event production company. My previous position as a licensed Mortgage Broker in North Carolina provides me with a functional understanding of property financing issues. Currently, I love being a new dad and getting out for adventures with my family and dogs.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C.
- - Current
- University of Colorado - Boulder
- J.D. | Law
- Activities: Casenote & Comment Editor - University of Colorado Law Review
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.