Free Consultation: (917) 554-8231Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael D. Litman

Michael D. Litman

  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI
  • Eastern District of New York, New York, Southern District of New York
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Google Meet
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • GoToMeeting
  • Microsoft Teams
  • RingCentral
  • WebEx
  • WhatsApp
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Eastern District of New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Southern District of New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Law Office of Michael H. Joseph
Staff Attorney
Nassau County Legal Aid Society
Albany Law School
Albany Law School Logo
10 Best
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Top 40 Under 40
The National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations
National College of DUI Defense
General Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Westchester County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Michael D. Litman, PLLC - Official Website
Legal Answers
38 Questions Answered
Q. If a person has ben charged and sentenced for felony dwi and put on probation the violates probation can they be charge
A: A person on probation cannot be charged again for the same DWI, because they already plead guilty. However, someone on probation can be charged with a violation of probation. A violation of probation, if proven, would subject the person to a sentence up to the maximum for the charge that they are on probation for. On an E felony, the max would be 1 1/3 to 4 years in prison. Speak to an attorney in your county about this. Good luck.
Q. First offense DWI. First offense, no accident 1192.2 and 1192.3 and 1128a. Returned Dl. What to expect in court?
A: A first offense DWI with no aggravating factors may be able to be reduced to a DWAI violation, but it will depend on the BAC. The Westchester DA's office is very specific about how they handle different BAC readings. You should hire an attorney, so that can try to get the paperwork from the court, and find out the specifics. My office is located in White Plains, and has represented hundreds of people charged with DWI around Westchester County. Michael Litman 917-554-8231
Q. Is Is leaving a well lightedd area and turning your headlights on halfway across the street grounds for a DUI rest
A: Operating without headlights on at night might be grounds to pull someone over, but that alone isn't the basis for an arrest. There would need to be evidence of impairment or intoxication to give an officer probable cause for arrest on a DUI charge.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Michael Litman, PLLC
75 S. Broadway
Suite 403
White Plains, NY 10601
Cell: (917) 554-8231
Fax: (914) 259-8985
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.