Free Consultation: (508) 543-0600Tap to Call This Lawyer
Meghan L Howard

Meghan L Howard

Stopa & Associates, LLC.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Personal Injury ...
  • Massachusetts
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Meghan L. Howard joined Stopa & Associates as an Associate Attorney in July 2015. Ms. Howard focuses her practice in family law, divorce, personal injury, criminal defense.

A native of Jupiter, Florida, Ms. Howard received her undergraduate degree in political science from the University of Central Florida in 2011. During her time at the University of Central Florida, Ms. Howard was a member of the Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity. Ms. Howard was also a member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society while she attended Palm Beach State College prior to transferring to the University of Central Florida.

Ms. Howard attended Suffolk University Law School, earning her Juris Doctor in 2014. She graduated with pro bono honors for completion of more than one hundred (100) hours of pro bono service.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Stopa & Associates, LLC.
- Current
Contract Attorney
Update Legal
Pro Bono Attorney / Volunteer Attorney
Greater Boston Legal Services
I provided representation to individuals seeking to seal their CORI in the Dorchester, Roxbury, and Quincy District Courts.
Student Attorney / Intern
Committee for Public Counsel Services
In my final year of law school I interned as a student attorney representing individuals charged with crime through the public defenders office.
Suffolk University Law School
J.D. (2014)
Honors: Pro Bono Honors; Deans List 2012
Suffolk University Law School Logo
University of Central Florida
B.A. (2011) | Political Science
University of Central Florida Logo
Pro Bono Honors
Suffolk University Law School
Professional Associations
Referral Source Group
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
6 Degrees Networking
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lead Share Network
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Massachusetts  # 691244
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Split Happens, Easton, Massachusetts
Divorce and separation seminar.
Websites & Blogs
Stopa & Associates, LLC.
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. What happens directly after serving my spouse with divorce papers? Like the next step.
A: You must file the Return of Service with the Court (some constables may do this for you if you do not have an attorney). She then has 20 days to file her Answer. A "Case Management Conference" will be set where you meet with the clerk or the judge (depending on county) and decide whether any court offered services will be needed and when you will each exchange discovery (financial documents mostly) with each other. A Pre-Trial Conference will then be scheduled and you should make every effort to resolve the matter prior to the Pre-Trial Conference. If no resolution is reached, you shall both prepare a Pre-Trial Memorandum (the Pre-Trial Notice will explain what needs to be addressed in the memorandum) and appear before the Judge assigned to your case. If you still cannot reach a resolution, a trial shall be scheduled on the remaining issues. ... Read More
Q. I have my daughter full time, he father comes once a week for 1 hr visit.. im going to mexico for a week and he knows
A: If you and Father were never married and there is no court order stating otherwise, you have legal and physical custody of your daughter and can take her on vacation with you without issue.
Q. Hi, can I remove my ungrateful, estranged 18 year old son from my healthcare plan?
A: It depends. If you have a divorce agreement or court order that states you shall keep him on your health insurance so long as he is eligible, you would not be able to remove him without court approval.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Stopa & Associates, LLC.
132 Central Street
Suite 209
Foxboro, MA 02035
Telephone: (508) 543-0600
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.