Free Consultation: (216) 785-0093Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Valore & Gordillo, LLP
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • Ohio
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

As an Ohio attorney, I know the legal system is large, complex, and intimidating. I understand that interaction with government agencies is disorienting and the rules are unclear. If you, a family member, or a friend have been arrested, charged with a crime, are the subject of an investigation, or involved in a dispute with the government, it is in the accused person's best interest to obtain legal representation. As an attorney, my job is to defend your interests, freedom, dignity and reputation and to make sure you understand your rights, the process, and the consequences of your decisions. Do not let the system intimidate you. I am here to help. Don't face it alone. I practice law with a two part philosophy, which I am ready to put to work for you. First, the client is a person. As my client, I will treat you as a person, not as a number, a case, or a wallet. I will give you courtesy and respect and treat your problems with diligent attention. I will work with you to find the most cost effective solution to your problems. Second, the lawyer is an advocate, a guide, and an adviser. I will be your advocate. I will make sure you are not pushed into decisions you do not understand. I will investigate the evidence and claims against you. I will present the evidence and claims in your favor. I will ensure that your rights respected. I will guide you. I will explain the workings of the legal system so you will know what to expect and when to expect it. I will keep you informed of the status and progress of your case. I will advise you. Each step of the way you will face choices about your representation. I will explain each choice, the possible outcomes and potential consequences. It is unethical for an attorney to promise results, but I will tell you which choice I believe is best for your particular circumstances and explain why I believe it is best. Ultimately, you will make the key decisions regarding the direction of your case and I will work hard to achieve

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
    I am happy to meet with a prospective client in person or over the phone for a consultation. At the end of the consultation, I provide the client with my take on the situation and what can be done to help and address the issue of cost.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard. I also accept PayPal.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Of Counsel
Valore & Gordillo, LLP
- Current
Solo Practioner
Matt Williams LLC
- Current
Judicial Attorney
Ohio Court of Appeals Eleventh Appellate Distric
Cleveland State University
J.D. (2013) | Law
Honors: Graduated cum laude.
Activities: Executive Submissions Editor, The Global Business Law Review St. Petersburg Summer Law Institute Internships at the US Attorney's Office, the Cuyahoga County Public Defender, and the Supreme Court of the Seychelles
Ohio State University - Columbus
B.A. (2007) | History
Professional Associations
State Bar of Ohio # 0090709
West Shore Bar Association
- Current
Ohio Bar Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
2079 Questions Answered

Q. If a domestic violence victim doesn't show up for trial do they usually drop the case?
A: Not right away, or necessarily at all. An uncooperative victim is the eventual death of many DV prosecutions, but sometimes they have enough evidence without the victim and courts will generally give the prosecutor at least 2 shots at getting the victim to show up before considering dismissing the case.
Q. is it criminal for a mechanic to steal parts off my car and sell them he sold the whole front clip and fenders and parts
A: It sounds like theft. A bit surprising the police aren’t interested. Is there a reason they don’t believe you? It’s also a violation of Ohio consumer protection laws which require a mechanic to do the work he’s paid to do and to return old or unused parts, so you could file a civil suit.
Q. My brother in law picked a fight with me, threatened me, then threatened me with a gun. Do I testify in court?
A: If you’re subpoenaed then you are legally required to testify and there can be consequences for ignoring a subpoena. If you haven’t been subpoenaed, it’s really up to you.
Q. My brother kicked his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach. He felt bad immediately and plead guilty. Will he get out?
A: A DV on a pregnant woman is a felony. He may we’ll see some jail time on this. He should be working with a lawyer even if it is his intention to plead.
Q. Can minors be punished for viewing child pornography? If so, what are the punishments?
A: In theory yes, though cases with minors that do not involve spreading the stuff around are rare.
Q. If the person testifying against u was offered there charges dropped for testifing is not stating the truth in court.
A: Probably not.
Q. If the person testifying against u was offered there charges dropped for testifing is not stating the truth in court.
A: Probably not. You get your chance to discredit their witness at trial through cross examination.
Q. My boyfriend was charged with 5 felonies he was found not guilty on all charges oh apa are still holding on same charges
A: It’s possible to be found not guilty on a new offense at trial, but still found to be in violation of post release control, parole, or probation. This is because the standard of proof and fact fingers are different. A jury is asked to decide whether the government has proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt. The APA is held to a lesser standard known as preponderance of the evidence. The APA will almost certainly hold its own hearing and may find him to be in violation despite the NGs.
Q. I hit the curb in a building and damaged some parts of it. The landlord is asking for a lot of money. What do I do?
A: Notify your insurance company. They will fight the claim, if the amount requested is unreasonable. You should also consider hiring an attorney yourself.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Valore & Gordillo, LLP
21055 Lorain Road
Cleveland, OH 44126
Telephone: (216) 785-0093
Cell: (216) 200-8625
Fax: (216) 803-8500