Matthew Resnik received his Juris Doctorate in 1996. Matthew Resnik has dedicated his legal career exclusively to Consumer Bankruptcy, representing financially distressed individuals against their creditors. Dedicated to equalizing the playing field between consumers and creditors, Matthew Resnik founded Simon Resnik LLP in 2003.
Matthew Resnik has served as a keynote speaker at numerous seminars relating to the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005. Matthew Resnik is a member of Los Angeles County Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association, and actively involved in the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (“NACBA”) and the local Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association (“CDCBAA”). Matthew Resnik’s reputation and excellent track record in Consumer Bankruptcy are widely recognized in Southern California.
Cognizant that bankruptcy is often a last resort for many individuals, Matthew Resnik first utilizes all available alternatives to bankruptcy, however, after years of experience, oftentimes, Bankruptcy does afford the greatest relief to individuals. Matthew Resnik’s understanding of his clients’ needs, expertise, and professionalism are just a few of the reasons that current/former clients, accountants, real estate professionals and lawyers continue to refer to Simon Resnik LLP.
Matthew Resnik is married and has three children. Always active in Sports, he is an avid fisherman and gardner.
- Consumer Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Simon Resnik Hayes LLP
- San Diego State Univ
- Undergraduate Degree
- Univ of West Los Angeles
- Law Degree
- California State Bar # 182562
- - Current
- Keynote Speaker, Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005
- No Definition for Undue Hardship
13 August 2018
- More Seniors Filing for Bankruptcy
7 August 2018
- Three Times To Consider Bankruptcy
31 July 2018
- Will Bankruptcy Get in the Way of Your New Business?
25 July 2018
- What You Need to Know Before You File
16 July 2018
- Bankruptcies Down Compared to Last Year
10 July 2018
- Restrictions During Bankruptcy
2 July 2018
- Don’t Wait to File for Bankruptcy
25 June 2018
- Widowers Are Protected from Foreclosure
18 June 2018
- Central District Insider
- Happy Birthday Jim King
13 August 2018
- Employment Law & BK — “Will Filing BK Affect My Chances of Getting Hired?”
11 August 2018
- Prison Love Story + Bankruptcy — “Pay My Debt and I Promise To Love You Forever”
9 August 2018
- Difference Between “False Pretense” and “False Representation” under 523(a)(2)
9 August 2018
- Will the Retirement of Anthony Kennedy Change the Makeup of the Court?
4 August 2018
- More on Reaffirmation Agreements
1 August 2018
- Can a Lawyer Give Advice to a Client to Incur Prepetition Debt?
28 July 2018
- University of West Los Angeles School of Law Granted WASC Accreditation
20 July 2018
- June Filing Holding Steady Again
18 July 2018