Matthew Resnik received his Juris Doctorate in 1996. Matthew Resnik has dedicated his legal career exclusively to Consumer Bankruptcy, representing financially distressed individuals against their creditors. Dedicated to equalizing the playing field between consumers and creditors, Matthew Resnik founded Simon Resnik LLP in 2003.
Matthew Resnik has served as a keynote speaker at numerous seminars relating to the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005. Matthew Resnik is a member of Los Angeles County Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association, and actively involved in the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (“NACBA”) and the local Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association (“CDCBAA”). Matthew Resnik’s reputation and excellent track record in Consumer Bankruptcy are widely recognized in Southern California.
Cognizant that bankruptcy is often a last resort for many individuals, Matthew Resnik first utilizes all available alternatives to bankruptcy, however, after years of experience, oftentimes, Bankruptcy does afford the greatest relief to individuals. Matthew Resnik’s understanding of his clients’ needs, expertise, and professionalism are just a few of the reasons that current/former clients, accountants, real estate professionals and lawyers continue to refer to Simon Resnik LLP.
Matthew Resnik is married and has three children. Always active in Sports, he is an avid fisherman and gardner.
- Consumer Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Simon Resnik Hayes LLP
- San Diego State Univ
- Undergraduate Degree
- Univ of West Los Angeles
- Law Degree
- California State Bar # 182562
- - Current
- Keynote Speaker, Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005
- Available Options for Keeping Your Home
15 May 2018
- What is an Unlawful Detainer?
8 May 2018
- Maker of Gibson Guitars files for Chapter 11
1 May 2018
- Why Are So Many Retailers Going Bankrupt?
27 April 2018
- Claire’s and Remington Filed Pre-packaged Bankruptcies
17 April 2018
- What To Do If Your Car is Repossessed
10 April 2018
- Bankruptcy Terminology
3 April 2018
- Remington Files for Bankruptcy
26 March 2018
- Claire’s Files for Bankruptcy
20 March 2018
- Central District Insider
- Important Request from Nancy Curry’s Office re Processing Payments
22 May 2018
- Ethics and Getting Paid – Prof. Nancy Rapoport – July 21, 2018
14 May 2018
- LABF Night with the Judges Coming Up – June 4, 2018
14 May 2018
- Attorney Convicted of Felony for Short Sale Antics
12 May 2018
- Central District Filings Up Slightly in April 2018
12 May 2018
- How far can we push Law v. Siegel?
4 May 2018
- Interesting Tidbits from the Last cdcbaa Meeting: Meet the Chapter 7 Trustees
3 May 2018
- Tricky Tax Issues / You have an extra day to file federal tax returns
18 April 2018
- Class-action lawsuit against student loan giant brings hope to borrowers in bankruptcy
15 April 2018