Free Consultation: (860) 255-7423Tap to Call This Lawyer

Linda Simmons Campbell

Campbell Law Offices, LLC Ct tax lawyer I manage all cases personally
  • Tax Law
  • Connecticut
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Tax law is all I do and I have helped many taxpayers successfully resolve their tax problems. I listen carefully to my clients in order to gain a complete understanding of their tax problem. After conducting an extensive analysis of your tax problem I will help you to attain the best resolution possible. I represent individuals and small business owners located throughout the State in front of the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services and taxpayers in Connecticut and throughout the country in matters with the IRS. I work directly with my clients to ensure that they understand every aspect of their case so that they may make a fully informed decision as to the best way to resolve their tax problem.

Practice Area
  • Tax Law
  • Free Consultation
    I give a one hour free consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Tax Attorney
Campbell Law Offices, LLC
- Current
Tax attorney
Quinnipiac School of Law Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
Of Counsel
Tenenbaum Law, P.C.
Quinnipiac University School of Law
J.D. (2007) | Law
Websites & Blogs
Campbell Law Offices, LLC
Legal Answers
140 Questions Answered

Q. Can the NC State Dept. Of Revenue garnish Tax refunds for taxes they say are owed from 1999 but the IRS has no record of
A: If you owe the IRS a debt that they are collecting on they should be able to provide you with an account transcript. Since they are saying they do not have a record of the debt, ask NC what the debt is for and ask for proof that it is owed.
Q. The irs is going to take my fathers house due to back taxes and alot of my personal items are in and around the premise.
A: Most personal items are not seized when a home is auctioned by the IRS. I strongly recommend that your father contact a tax attorney to see if there is any way to save his home. Just stay away from the places you see advertised on tv.
Q. Need him to collect the IRS refund for Deceased husband.
A: I suggest that she call the Taxpayer Advocate in her area. She can look up the number at the following link They will help her submit the correct paperwork. If that does not work she can try a low income taxpayer clinic in her area but the taxpayer advocate will probably be quicker.
Q. Other parent of Dependent child is now back after 5 years and gets to claim taxes for 2018. Can I claim child care exp?
A: I am attaching a link to the IRS publication that addresses this issue. I recommend that you have an accountant prepare your return this year. If you cannot afford it, you may be eligible for help from VITA.
Q. over ten years ago I filed my friend and her daughter on my taxes.She was on disability and her daughter was 13.
A: If you find that you are unable to file for bankruptcy there may be other ways of taking care of your tax debt. Call an experienced tax attorney. Most of us offer a free consultation. Just stay away from the places you see advertised on TV. If it has been close to 10 years since you were audited and you have not done anything to stop the Statute of Limitations from running, you may be close to the end of the statute and the IRS will no longer be able to collect from you.
Q. How to get help for foreclosure do to back taxes . I'm trying to get relief writTen Statues Section 49-31d to 49-31i
A: Go to the Connecticut Judicial Branch website. Under the Public tab you will see forms. Do a search for the forms that you need. If you cannot find the form you need you can try calling the courthouse. Some of the Court Clerks are more helpful than others. Try calling them and see if they can offer you any assistance. If you cannot afford to hire someone you can also try going to and see if there are any agencies that can offer you low cost/free services.
Q. I pay 217 biweekly for child support and now have another garnishment on my wages how much can they with hold?
A: If the other garnishment is for federal taxes then you may be eligible to have the amount reduced or have the garnishment stopped completely. It is impossible to tell without doing a financial analysis. Most of us offer a free consultation and can let you know your options. If
Q. Who do I contact to help me with a issue involving IRS And HR Block
A: I am not clear on your question. If you are asking if HR Block has to pay you the refund that they told your mother she was going to get, from what I am familiar with from some of my clients, that is not included in the audit coverage. You would need to read what they gave you to be sure. If you are looking for guidance regarding the audit then you would need to call a tax attorney to discuss your case. Most of us offer a free consultation.
Q. With a tax levy will the IRS take my whole paycheck or will they only take a portion of it every pay period
A: Your human resources department will be sent a formula to follow to determine what they can take. You are usually left with a small amount. Without more information I cannot tell you what you will be left with after the levy. Frequently a tax attorney can set up an installment agreement that will have a lower monthly payment amount then what you will pay through a levy. We can also advice you as to whether you are eligible for an Offer or some other collection alternative. Stay away from the places you see advertised on tv and speak with a good tax attorney. Most of us offer a free consultation.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
4 Deer Avenue
Burlington, CT 06013
Telephone: (860) 255-7423
Fax: (866) 546-5083
4 Deer Avenue
Burlington, CT 06013
Telephone: (860) 255-7423