Lincoln W. Hobbs

  • Insurance Claims, Real Estate Law, Employment Law
  • Idaho, Utah, Wyoming
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Insurance Claims
  • Real Estate Law
  • Employment Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Insurance Bad Faith
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Professional Experience
Founder, Managing Member
Hobbs & Olson
My practice at Hobbs & Olson has focused primarily on condominium and HOA law, with secondary emphasis on other property law and employment law.
WInder & Haslam, P.C.
The University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law
Honors: Leary Scholar
Activities: Editor-in Chief of the Journal of Contemporary Law
University of Utah
B.A. / English
Professional Associations
College of Community Association Lawyers
Speaking Engagements
Litigation for Managers, Community Associations Institute Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida
Community Associations Institute
Legal Trends of Which Managers Should be Aware, Community Associations Institute Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida
Community Associations Institute
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. required to pay a full time employee compensation when they are on call
A: There is no law that requires an employer to rehire individuals who are terminated, regardless of the reason. Assuming you were not hired because of some type of discrimination, you may have a claim. But with the information provided, I see no claim.
Q. Selling a Salt Lake home remotely?
A: There would be no need for her to be here. Docs could be send and mailed/fed exed. They would need to be notarized, but she can find a notary at her local bank. Your adding your name to the title wouldn't help, because her signature would still be needed.
Q. . In the state of Utah is it against the law to rent without having a renters license it's a basement of a home
A: Depends on where you live. Most municipalities require a local business license. Some municipalities will prohibit you from renting the basement if it doesn't meet specific requirements.
Q. We recently bought a home. The sellers upon move out did not leave us the pool and clubhouse key card.
A: The seller should have given you the key; since they didn't, the association ought to, but is not legally required to give you a key either for free, or at no charge. It's not a good sign if the association welcomes new owners by not giving them a key.
Q. Is this sexual harassment or discrimination?
A: You would most likely have a very difficult time getting anywhere with this case. To start, it appears you voluntarily went to see him after seeing him on Grinder and being invited to come get naked. It doesn't appear he made any promises if you visited him, and you'd presumably have a difficult time, if you were not to get hired, in establishing that you didn't get hired because of your meet up with him. Lastly, for the company to have liability, it would have to have known or had reason to know of inappropriate conduct on behalf of it's employee, and you haven't presented any basis to assume they had any such knowledge.
Q. Attacked by yellow jackets at work
A: Assuming you required medical treatment, the expenses should be paid by your employer's workers' compensation insurance. You probably don't have a personal injury claim against your employer, assuming they had that required coverage. And there's not likely a claim against anyone else, unless they somehow caused or encouraged the bees to attack you.
Q. I'm trying to buy property for sale by owner. The seller is insisting on a check that she will cash to"make sure it's g
A: If you haven't already run, yes you should. Why should you trust her, if she's unwilling to trust you?
Q. I received an offer through an out of state broker to lease my building. I had no prior listing with anyone.
A: Assuming you only spoke by phone and did not agree to pay a commission, no commission would be owed. He may seek to recover under an equitable theory, if he produced a lessee to whom you leased, but it is unlikely he could recover.
Q. If my REPC for the purchase of my new home included a side by side stainless steel fridge and window coverings and the
A: Yes, you can. The small claims limit is $10,000 in Utah.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
466 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Telephone: (801) 519-2555
Fax: (801) 519-2999
Fax: (801) 519-2999