Free Consultation: (908) 365-9444Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kristofher Beralo

Kristofher Beralo

Law Office Of Kristofher Beralo
  • Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, DUI & DWI...
  • New Jersey
Rate This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
I think that he should be rated a ten based on his ability and knowledge.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Focusing on Litigation matters, Attorney Kristofher Beralo, Esq. handles Criminal and Family Law cases for people living in New Jersey. His goal is to understand your unique needs and design a tailored, effective response, resolving your case quickly and efficiently. If you're in need of an attorney for help with your Criminal, DUI, Traffic Ticket, Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Alimony, or other Legal Matter, please call (908) 365-9444.

Kristofher Beralo is a Filipino American who is a Jersey City native and a 17 year Army Combat Veteran. Currently tasked as a Drill Sergeant Leader by the US Army Reserve, Kristofher Beralo will handle your case with the same dedication and precision he utilizes in the military.

Last updated: April 3, 2019

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • DUI & DWI
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Family Law
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Tax Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Free Consultation
    Case By Case Basis
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
  • Tagalog: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office Of Kristofher Beralo
- Current
Law Offices of James R. Lisa, Esq.
Associate Attorney. Litigating matters that are heard on both the Superior Court and Municipal Court.
Law Office of Meneses and Rosades
Filed motions and briefs for Family and Criminal Matters.
Law Office of Jason Williams, ESQ.
Assisted in Trial Preparation for Criminal Defense cases in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Loyola University New Orleans
J.D. (2016)
Loyola University New Orleans
MBA (2016)
Rutgers University - Newark
B.A. (2012)
US Army
Drill Sergeant Course
US Army
Air Assault School
US Army
Human Resource School
US Army
Infantry School
US Army
Professional Associations
State Bar of New Jersey # 142932017
United States Tax Court
Tax Court
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. Am I assigned a public defender when arrested?
A: On your first appearance, the court will ask you whether or not you want to hire an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, the court will ask you to fill out a form so that a public defender could represent you.
Q. I was denied drug court due to a 2007 agg assault charge Are there any arguments I can present to get into drug court
A: You can file a motion to the court appealing your legal rejection for drug court. I would advise consulting with an attorney regarding this matter. You can request transcripts from the court that heard the matter. There are forms you can fill out in court.
Q. I got pulled over for Allegedly being on my phone, was given a ticket to go go to court but no fine amount. what now?
A: Without really knowing exactly what ticket were issued to you, I am going to assume that is 39:4-97.3 “Use of hands-free wireless telephone in moving vehicle. If this is the case, you can either plead guilty and pay $200-$400 fine (if this was your first offense) and resolve the matter or set a trial date. I would advise consulting with an attorney if you do not want to plead to the initial offense.
Q. Can a convicted person, guilty of one criminal charge, be sentenced prison time and probation time?
A: Generally no. You may be confusing probation and parole. Both are alternative ways to serve a sentence outside of jail after a guilty finding. Probation means all of the sentence is served outside of jail unless the individual violates the terms of their probation. Usually, if the sentence is jail time, an individual is not placed on probation afterwards. Parole is another alternative way to serve part of a sentence outside of jail. An individual qualifies for parole after first serving a certain amount of their sentence in jail. Mandatory minimums are different depending on the charges. Either way, a judge usually cannot impose a lengthier sentence that the maximum allowed by law, whether it be probation, jail time, or a combination of jail time and parole. Defendants should always consult with an attorney because exceptions to this general rule do exist. One example in New Jersey is Parole Supervision For Life.
Q. Who does the Dream act effect?
A: No, since your baby brother was born in the US he is not considered a "Dreamer". Those are only for individuals who are undocumented who was brought to this country by their parents at a certain age.
Q. I married 9/15 separated within months.I want child support. why the court wants my last yr income when i make less now
A: The court just want to see what you made last year and would weigh that with what you are making this year. The court wants see your potential earning and see why you are making less now (if it is by choice). In most cases however, the court will use your current income when they calculate child support guideline.
Q. my husband file for divorce , I just got notified . we have one child in common , also he's not paying for child support
A: Assuming you are awarded primary custody of the child, the court will run the child support guideline in order to determine how much you should be receiving for the child. I'm not really sure why you mentioned the assault incident? I'm assuming you filed a TRO. And you will have a separate hearing for that. The outcome of that hearing can affects child custody (which in turn can affect child support).
Q. Will NJ courts take into account that I already pay support for my other children from different marriage?
A: Without knowing much about the facts of the case, I can tell you this: Yes, the court will take that into consideration. An attorney would be able to advise you on the child support guideline that the court uses to determine child support. Note: Custody is a completely separate issue for the court to decide if the parties cannot come to an agreement.
Q. My daughter is 17 and I just found out that she has been sexually active with a 28 yr old man. Is this legal
A: The Age of Consent in NJ is 16, which means she can have sexual relation with any individual. However, if this 28 year old man has a supervisory position of power over the teen, then it is a crime.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Office Of Kristofher Beralo
172 Newark Avenue Suite 3L
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Telephone: (908) 365-9444
Fax: (201) 603-6775