Kristin M. Case is the founding Member of The Case Law Firm. She is admitted to practice law in Illinois as well as Missouri and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the Illinois Supreme Court, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the Missouri Supreme Court. Ms. Case has extensive experience representing clients during employment negotiations, before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and throughout the litigation process both in state and federal courts.
- Employment Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Northern District of Illinois
- 7th Circuit
- Founding Member
- The Case Law Firm, LLC.
- - Current
- The Case Law Firm, LLC is a Chicago-based civil rights employment law firm committed to representing employees throughout their employment relationships. The Firm's lawyers accomplish this by vigorously advocating for and defending their clients' rights. The attorneys recognize in many situations clients may need to be counseled as to not only their employment rights, but also how to progress through a difficult period or life transition. A lawyer at The Case Law Firm, LLC will help each client assess his or her employment situation and decide what strategy is best to achieve the client's goals. Depending upon the situation and the client's interests, attorney representation may include negotiation, mediation, litigation, settlement or all four.
- Law Clerk, Associate, Partner
- Missouri Court of Appeals, Penny Nathan Kahan & Associates
- After receiving her Juris Doctorate, Ms. Case began her legal career clerking for the Honorable Ronald R. Holliger on the Missouri Court of Appeals. After clerking, Ms. Case moved to Chicago and worked as an associate attorney in the commercial litigation division of a Chicago law firm. After that and prior to forming The Case Law Firm, Ms. Case worked for Penny Nathan Kahan & Associates, a well-respected Chicago plaintiff's employment law firm where she became a partner and regularly represented individuals in variety of employment cases.
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- J.D. | Law
- Central Missouri State University
- B.S. | Journalism
- State Bar of Illinois # 6274676
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Chicago Bar Association
- - Current
- Recognizing Black Women’s Equal Pay Day
22 August 2019
- Illinois Prohibits Asking Job Applicants About Pay History
6 August 2019
- Chicago’s New Fair Workweek Ordinance: Here’s What You Need to Know
25 July 2019
- Case Law Firm Wins Big in Pregnancy Discrimination Suit
10 July 2019
- Fighting for LGBT Rights in the Workplace
1 July 2019
- The Reality of Workplace Violence
6 May 2019
- Does Artificial Intelligence Discriminate at Work?
12 April 2019
- Kristin Case included among Illinois’ Super Lawyers and Kate Sedey among Rising Stars!
28 January 2019
- Kristin Case and Kate Sedey recognized by Leading Lawyers
10 December 2018