Free Consultation: (714) 265-7766Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth Sisco

Kenneth Sisco

Available on weekends and evenings
  • Legal Malpractice, Business Law, Bankruptcy
  • California
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldResponsive Law

The only thing worse than getting beat up, is getting beat up by the one who is supposed to protect you. You are not alone. When you are let down by the person in whom you placed your utmost Trust, you need a very special kind of representation. I have Decades of experience aggressively dealing with attorneys from all areas of practice.

Graduated from Paramount High School, Paramount, California, 1962
Graduated from California State University, Long Beach, Long Beach, California, 1968. B.S. Degree in Social Sciences. B.S Degree in Political Science.
Graduated from Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, Juris Doctor, 1975.
Deputy Sheriff, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, 1966 to 1974. Promoted to rank of Sergeant and put in charge of Legal Unit, within the Sheriff's Department, acting as legal advisor to Sheriff and liaison between County Counsel and Sheriff's Department.
Attorney at Law, Southern California, 1976 to Present. General Practice with emphasis on Legal Malpractice, Business Planning and Litigation; Bankruptcy.
Admitted to California Bar, 1976, and admitted to practice before all four Districts of the Federal Court.
Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Nevada, 2011.
Admitted to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit, 1985.
Admitted to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals Eighth Circuit, 1991.
Admitted to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit, 2000
Admitted to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals Second Circuit, 2001
Admitted to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 2011
Admitted to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit, 2016
Admitted to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2016
Admitted to Practice before the United States Tax Court, 1981
Admitted to Practice before the United States Supreme Court, 1997.

Practice Areas
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Business Law
  • Bankruptcy
Additional Practice Area
  • Civil Litigation
  • Free Consultation
    I do not charge to get to know each other, and to familiarize myself with your case, in order to decide whether I can benefit you. However, I do not give free legal advice, nor will I provide you, free of charge, with your roadmap to the best result.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees if I am certain I can obtain and collect on a judgment. In some cases I accept a hybrid contingency. For example, I would accept one half my usual retainer; I would accept a fee at one half my hourly rate, and a contingency fee of one half my usual percentage.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
2nd Circuit
6th Circuit
7th Circuit
8th Circuit
9th Circuit
11th Circuit
Federal Circuit
Supreme Court of Nevada
U.S. Supreme Court
United States Tax Court
California St Univ Long Beach
Undergraduate Degree
Southwestern Univ School of Law
Law Degree
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 69814
- Current
Speaking Engagements
District Governor, Founder's District, Toastmasters International, Orange County, California
Toastmasters International
Public Speaker for more than 25 years
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. does a defense legal counsel filing of false declaration in opposition to a summary judgment motion for summary judgment
A: There are too many missing facts here. I think I can assume that you are talking about a conflicting relationship between your attorney and the opposing attorney. But, was it your attorney who made the false statement, or the opposing attorney? and did the statement have anything to do with the conflict?
Q. Is it legal to negotiate a monetary settlement in exchange for not filing criminal misconduct of an attorney?
A: I believe what you are suggesting is the essence of extortion, or blackmail, and you want to stay away from that. But all is not lost. For almost every crime there is a civil counterpart; just ask O.J. Simpson. As far as I know, there is no sanction for demanding compensation, or you will file a civil lawsuit.
Q. Atty forged signature on a fee agreement in Fed Court petition $32k fees
A: As in any civil suit, one of the elements of a claim is damages. As I understand your question you have already gotten your money back, so unless you can prove other damages, like intentional infliction of emotional distress (very difficult) you don't have any damages, and therefore no case. But if what you say is true, this guy belongs in prison, and certainly should not be practicing law. At a minimum you should notify the bar association and SSDI.
Q. Are we required to register as a business in the state of California?
A: Given the facts stated, I believe there is little question that the law requires you to qualify to do business in California. While I do not recommend that anyone breaks the law or even ignores it, it is important to note that the major sanction for failing to qualify, is that you will not be permitted to make use of our Court System. If the state discovers you are doing business, they can force you to comply or cease and desist. If you fail to comply you could face problems. Typically, the issue arises when your company is sued. You will not be permitted to defend yourself in Court until you have complied, but that only requires filing the papers and paying any back taxes owed. Once done, all is forgiven and you may proceed as if you had qualified in the first place.
Q. I was hit by a drunk driver but I did not have insurance, do I have any rights to sue the guy that hit me?
A: Yes, but your rights are limited. You can recover only your economic damages like medicals, damage to your car, and lost wages; no pain and suffering, or other "non-economic" damages. You may also get a ticket for driving without insurance. Besides, he probably has nothing to pay you with, if you do get a judgment against him. Immediately obtain insurance, with an uninsured motorist clause.
Q. I was executer of estate and my attorney discouraged me from submitting my creditors claim and assets not protected help
A: Statutory fees are paid first, so, if statutory fees exceed the value of assets, filing a creditor's claim would make no difference. If property was wrongly excluded from the estate; that is a completely different problem.
Q. Someone has made themselves my legal representative without informing me without my consent, what can I do about it?
A: There are obviously a lot of missing facts here. If you do not know the person who is "pretending" to represent you, your first call should be to the police. Your second call(s) should be to the person(s) who has been contacted by this "imposter." If you do know the person, you should ask that person by what authority, he or she presumes to represent you. Depending on the answer you may still need to call the police, or at least retain a lawyer, to make them stop.
Q. Case was dismiss without prejudice to PLTF. Can a 2nd demand notice Be sent out before 1st judg. Is filed?
A: If your case was dismissed without prejudice, there will be no Judgment, and you may proceed in any way you please within the law; you simply need to start over.
Q. Hello, What is the standard buyout amount to be paid to a family to leave their apartment? Thank you!
A: I have never heard of a "standard buyout," nor have I ever seen any kind of guideline. The concept is usually referred to as "cash for keys," and it is totally subjective. If you can get your tenants to move out in a relatively short time, and leave the premises "spotless," that is worth a lot of money to you, and will save you a lot of stress. You will save a lot of attorney fees, and you most likely get your property back on the market a lot quicker. As with almost any legal dispute, reaching an agreement, with which neither party is completely satisfied is usually a good one. Start by computing what it is going to cost you in both time and money, to evict your tenants. Don't overlook the possibility that they are afraid of the stress as much as you are, and will move out without a fight. But once you determine they are not going to go easy, make them a low offer, and then go up to a point, where it no longer makes sense to be a nice guy.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
3574 Bluff Street
Norco, CA 92860
Telephone: (714) 265-7766