Free Consultation: (801) 210-1058Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth Prigmore

Kenneth Prigmore

Prigmore Law, PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Real Estate Law
  • Utah
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ken Prigmore owns his firm and has been practicing in the state of Utah over the past 15 years. His focus is on Wills, Trusts and Probates. Ken is careful to give his clients pressure-free options and advice.

Ken's professional accomplishments include presiding over two Attorney training groups in his field.

When he isn't at work, you can usually find him spending time with his family. His favorite local vacation spot is St. George, Utah.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Solo Attorney
Prigmore Law, PLLC
- Current
Solo Attorney
Wasatch Disability Law, PLLC
Representing clients seeking Social Security Disability benefits.
Managing Attorney
Utah Disability Law
Practicing Social Security Disability law.
Associate Attorney
Jeffs & Jeffs, P.C.
Representing clients in Social Security claims, drafting estate planning documents, creating corporations, drafting contracts, researching real estate issues.
Associate Attorney
Reneer and Associates
Drafting motions and representing clients at hearings and at trial.
Clerk / Associate Attorney
Hughes and Morley
Meeting with clients. Drafting contracts. Representing clients at hearings.
University of Oklahoma College of Law
J.D. (2006) | Law
Honors: Dean's List
University of Oklahoma College of Law Logo
Brigham Young University
B.A. | English
Brigham Young University Logo
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar  # 11232
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah Association for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah Association for Justice
President of the Social Security Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Wasatch Front American Inn of Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
"Should My Client Apply for Social Security Disability?"
Utah Trial Journal
Websites & Blogs
Prigmore Law
Legal Answers
176 Questions Answered
Q. My aunt and dads name were on his house when he passed away he didn't have a will am I entitled to half of the property
A: The answer depends on a few things:

1- Were they listed as joint tenants or something else?

2- Did he leave a surviving spouse? In Utah, a surviving spouse will inherit everything if all of the children of the decedent are also children of the surviving spouse. If the surviving spouse was not your mother, she will receive the first approximately $100k plus about half of the remainder of the estate.

3- Do you have siblings? Without a surviving spouse or a will, the property is divided equally between all living children and any living grandchildren whose parent died before your father.

How to get property out of your father's name:

1- If your aunt and your father held the property as joint tenants, then you aunt only needs to record an affidavit of death with the county that includes a copy of the death certificate, and the property will be all hers.

2- If it was not held in a joint tenancy, then you, as an heir, can file a petition to be named the Personal Representative of the Estate in Probate Court.

An attorney can normally help you sort out what you need in a free consultation.
... Read More
Q. The owners of a home I am renting (yearly lease with 9 months left) want to buy out our lease. What are our rights?
A: Your lease is a contract that will control whether a buyout is allowed and how it needs to transpire. If there is no mention of a buyout in your lease, then your landlord will need your permission to terminate the contract.

Unless the lease says otherwise, you can negotiate what you think is fair for them to buyout your lease. If they don't pay what you think makes it worth moving out, they cannot require you to leave.

As you already live there, you are in a good situation to negotiate. If they tried to evict you, they would need something in the lease to allow it. Otherwise, the court will not evict you as long as you keep the terms of the lease.
Q. Does a person appointed as “attorney-in-fact” have any authority after the one who appointed them dies?
A: Great question. A Power of Attorney names someone as your Attorney-in-fact. This always ends at death or before. The Power of Attorney is never used after death.

Please note that the Personal Representative of the Estate technically needs to be approved by a judge in Probate Court to have official capacity. If assets are passed on privately, (a non-private transfer might be a deed to a home that is recorded with the county, or money in a bank account), then those private assets are often passed to heirs without ever going to court. This usually happens outside the court when no one knows the official capacity is necessary, or no one objects to the distribution of property.

If you object to how the Personal Representative is handling things, you can open a probate case and argue the Personal Representative has not yet been named and may be using their perceived authority incorrectly.

A judge will then determine who should serve as personal representative and tell them what they must do under the terms of the Will. If they refuse to follow the Will, the Judge can remove them and replace them with a new Personal Representative.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Prigmore Law, PLLC
946 N 200 E
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Telephone: (801) 210-1058
Cell: (801) 210-1058
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.