Kenneth Hallum

Kenneth Hallum

Santa Barbara's Traffic and DUI Lawyer
  • Traffic Tickets, DUI & DWI
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

"I am a DUI and traffic defense attorney dedicated to the exclusive representation and defense of those charged with driving under the influence, and traffic offenses. As a former police officer for 22 years, with assignments on a DUI task force as well as a motorcycle traffic officer and accident reconstruction investigator, I've gained valuable first hand experience in the area of traffic and DUI law that enables me to best defend and represent my clients."

Practice Areas
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
  • Does Not Currently Practice Law
University of Northern California
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of California  # 233026
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
10 Things They Dont Tell You about your DUI
Speaking Engagements
How to Fight Your Traffic Ticket, and Win!, Santa Barbara
Websites & Blogs
Santa Barbara's DUI and Traffic Attorney
Dedicated to DUI defense and traffic law
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. I got pulled over for being in carpool but the officer incorrectly wrote my last name and license number?
A: You may luck out, however keep a very watchful eye. Though your identifying information is not accurate, it would take little effort to correct, and the citation could be filed and attached to you with the court. You may consider using the court website to monitor if a citation case appears in your name, and if the option exists (most courts it does) also search under the actual citation number.
Q. Failure to appear for traffic ticket in santa Maria, Ca. Due to moving to orange county. Did not receive forwarded mail.
A: Are you sure your license was suspended, or was it a hold placed? Huge difference. In either case you need to contact the court. You may have to set a payment plan or request a community service in lieu of the fine. Then contact DMV to address the suspension (if you were truly suspended), or you may be able to get the matter on calendar which would lift a hold (if it was only a hold placed), and set the matter for court trial. The starting place is the court, and determining if a hold or suspension was placed on your license, then you can determine your next step.
Q. Ticket for not stopping at a red light?
A: You may try to use what the officer wrote on the ticket against him, unfortunately this may not yield the results you hope for. Understand the ticket is merely a "notice," and "promise to appear." As a notice, it serves to inform you of the alleged violation, more specific the alleged code you violated. These codes are lengthy, and both the officers, courts, and data systems use shorthand titles of these codes; such as speeding, red light, stop sign, failure to yield, and so on. None spell out word for word the entire code; in your case 21453 CVC is the code, with many subsections. Though you may be correct that the officer did not spell out exactly limit line vs. light, it will be the officers testimony in court that will be the evidence the Judge will consider. The ticket itself is not factual evidence, it may be evidence of competency, thoroughness, accuracy and the likes bearing on the credibility of the officer, and again a shorthand description of the code will not go far on a credibility attack. Best of luck, also tread lightly on any admissions of your own as you have done here, it simply makes the Judges decision all too easy. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
3463 State St #439
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Telephone: (805) 564-3101
Fax: (805) 202-4692
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.