(469) 598-2559
Offers Video Chat
Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kelly Case

Kelly Case

Helping clients through difficult times.
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Georgia, Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&ALII PlatinumSocial Media

I am the former Judge of the 9th Judicial District Court. While serving as Judge, I presided over numerous, large, complex civil and criminal trials. I saw the mistakes people made when trying to convince a court and am here to offer my years of experience to help you avoid making those same mistakes. I believe in putting families first and emphasize making long term decisions that are best for you and your children. Divorce hurts but it shouldn't be nasty. I am focused on resolving disputes and helping families reach creative solutions to divorcing in these complex times. We are here to help you and provide you with the advice and perspective that comes from handling hundreds of cases similar to yours over the past 2 decades. This may be your first divorce but I have handled hundreds of them and can help you navigate the pitfalls of the legal process. Our team structure allows for you to remain informed during the entire process and you will receive numerous updates from us communicating what is going on as well as sending you copies of communications and providing you with the opportunity to review documents in your case before they are filed. Nothing is filed or goes out without your approval. I want you to focus on getting back to your "normal" while we handle the legal issues.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Child Custody
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • Zoom
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Meriwether & Tharp, LLC
Tulane University
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Placeholder image for education.
10 Rating
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar  # 03954070
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Need for More Drug Courts
Counterpoint Journal
Speaking Engagements
A View from the Bench - How to Become a Better Lawyer , 2017 DUIDLA Spring Seminar in Austin, Texas
Fundamentals of Gas Chromatography
Axion Labs in Chicago
Black Belt
United States Aikido Federation
Websites & Blogs
Meriwether & Tharp
Legal Answers
55 Questions Answered

Q. we were set for mediatrion till i saw the price tag. being a single mother i can not pay the price tag for my lawyer .
A: Not possible to answer based on limited information provided. You can try and contact Legal Aid for your county and see if they can step in to help. Or you can try and mediate the case yourself. Fortunately, mediation is a lot less formal than Court and you will know the facts of the case. You can insist that the other party cover some of your attorney's fees to help out. Or you can try and work with your current attorney to find a payment plan arrangement that would work. Or you could seek the assistance of a different attorney. Or you could see if someone would take your case pro bono by reaching out to the Texas State Bar and trying to find help through them.
Q. Can I take my name off of a checking account his money goes into and make it to where we can not transfer money.
A: Your question would need to. have a lot more information before anyone can answer definitively. If divorce petition has been filed, then you will need to review the County Standing Orders to determine what you may or may not do. This is totally different in each county. If divorce has not been filed, yet, then the Standing Orders may not be in place but you need to be able to justify your actions with a legitimate reason in case you are asked to defend yourself.
Q. I had my husband served divorce papers and a Temporary Restraining order and he won't leave. What can I do ?
A: Call the Sheriff's Department and ask to speak to a supervisor. The Sheriff is tasked with enforcing Court Orders. If they still won't do anything, call the Court and ask to speak with the Judge's assistant or Clerk. Tell them what is happening and ask if they wouldn't mind making an enforcement call to the Sheriff. Be persistent.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Meriwether & Tharp
Frisco, TX, USA
Telephone: (469) 598-2559
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.