I am the former Judge of the 9th Judicial District Court. While serving as Judge, I presided over numerous, large, complex civil and criminal trials. Before taking the bench in 2013, I was a prolific trial attorney. I am a Board Certified Criminal Lawyer with over 2 decades experience in winning trials and I am focused on the best possible outcome for my clients. I have represented numerous people especially those holding professional licenses such as pilots, physicians and lawyers. As a former prosecutor, I have been on both sides of the table and know what it takes to negotiate on your behalf to reach the best solution for you. Ultimately, knowing that you have hired a winning trial lawyer, will serve you better in any negotiations. I have previously taught the science behind blood testing for alcohol and drugs to numerous professional groups, including Texas state judges through the Texas Center for the Judiciary. I frequently teach at legal seminars across the country due to my vast experience in trying cases at all levels of State and Federal Courts. I hold a black belt in the Japanese martial art of Aikido. I bring that same intensity and focus to bear in the courtroom which has led to great success in defending my clients. I thoroughly believe in using the latest technology and experts to assist me in trying cases and make a point of leaving no stone unturned in defending my clients as aggressively as possible. I am a former presiding judge of a district court, assistant district attorney and was responsible for training new assistant district attorneys how to prepare and try their cases while Chief of the Misdemeanor section. I am licensed in both Texas and Georgia.
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
All cards are accepted however, client must pay the surcharge fees for credit charges.
- Contingent Fees
On civil personal injury cases only.
- Tulane University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Texas State Bar # 03954070
- - Current
- Board Certified in Criminal Law
- Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
- Fundamentals of Gas Chromatography
- Axion Labs in Chicago
- Black Belt
- United States Aikido Federation
- JudgeCase Website
- Beat My Atlanta DUI
- Judge Case
- Memorial Weekend Policing
25 May 2017
- What are the Responsibilities of a Criminal Defense Lawyer
12 May 2017
- Ford (not so) Tough!
11 May 2017
- Sheriff runs from Police after exposing himself!
9 May 2017
- Escaped Inmate Captured
9 May 2017
- Listeria Outbreak for Aunt Jemima Products
6 May 2017
- Atlanta takes the Title again!
4 May 2017
- American Medical Association not happy with GOP Healthcare bill
4 May 2017
- 39 million dollar verdict in Firefighter’s death
4 May 2017
- Q. Ok i got pull over by state trooper in Georgia for a seatbelt and he said that i. Looked under the influence of weed so
- A: Hire a great DUI lawyer immediately. Your license is in the process of being suspended. A lawyer can get a hearing scheduled and can potentially successfully resolve this for you. Call my office at 866-822-7352. We have many payment plans available and appear all over the State of Georgia.
- Q. I sent someone I met online some nude pictures of myself to his cellphone. After breaking up with him because...
- A: File a complaint with the police. This is a crime in most states. That should be enough to stop him, but you can always file a restraining order if necessary. Good luck! www.JudgeCase.com
- Q. 2yrs old case. DUI. My son live in TX. Case should have been closed. He has a new court date. Don't know what to do.
- A: Have your son call my office at 866-822-7352. We have many different types of payment plans, depending on the underlying test that was performed. Since you mentioned that your son was in the hospital, I am guessing that this may be a blood draw DUI. If so, then those are very complex and require expert testimony as well as a competent lawyer that has handled blood cases in the past. There are few lawyers that have the capability to effectively try and win blood cases. Your son should be researching lawyers to find one that has had success in these types of cases. But time is running out and if he waits much longer it will be difficult for him to hire the right lawyer for his case. Good luck! www.JudgeCase.com
- Q. Need to know if a business can be sue if it causes you to be locked up under false pretenses
- A: You can sue for any reason, but the real question is "can you win?" I cannot see any theory of liability that would afford a litigant damages in this scenario. How could you prove that the "business" messed up. This is one of those situations where just because you can doesn't mean you should. Of course, the other side is that with enough funding, it may be possible to find the proof necessary to win, but what is the damage? Unless you are willing to fund a large amount of attorney's fees this is going no where. Good Luck! www.JudgeCase.com
- Q. If both parents are in agreement to end child support can that modification be done out of court in GA?
- A: You should seek the advice of a qualified Georgia Family Law attorney. Your question does not have enough information to answer completely. All decisions regarding this type of matter, child support, medical expenses, insurance coverage, etc are set the standard of the "best interested of the child." I cannot imagine any court would agree, under any circumstances, that this would be in the best interest of the child. However, there may be a situation that a court would rule favorably on this. It depends on the reason for it. Again, that reason must be "in the best interest of the child." It's very difficult to see a way clear for that to happen. Good luck! www.JudgeCase.com
- Q. 3rd dui in 5 years
- A: Because the courts are run by judges with experience in dealing with people claiming they do not "own" a car and know that it is very unlikely that you do not have access to or are using a vehicle on a regular basis. I heard this 2 times a day from people that thought they were going to be able to get out of using an interlock if they told me they weren't driving. In 4 years as a judge and the previous 20 years as an attorney, I did not have 1 person that was really not driving. So my guess is that the court really does not believe you based on past experiences. If you are really not driving at all and have no access to a vehicle, then you should talk to your supervising probation officer and figure out what the court will need you to prove for that claim. Each court is a little different, so make sure your officer know which court your case is in. Good luck! www.JudgeCase.com
- Q. In Georgia divorce case, how to obtain physical records of a lease contract without needing a subpeana to court.
- A: You might need to state your question a little differently. A "lease" is never going to be a party to a divorce. I am not sure what you are asking for but if you want documents for a legal matter that are in another's possession, you have a couple of options. First, if this is an entity responsible for keeping records in the regular course of their business such as jails, police departments, etc, then you can request the documents through a Public Information Act request. Usually there is one person assigned to be the point of contact that is listed on the website for the agency as the records custodian. Certain records are exempt such as HIPAA related and other types of private information from disclosure. If you are seeking documents that are excluded from the Public Information Act, then you will have to subpoena the documents, unless the custodian will agree to turn them over to you with nothing more than your request. Not likely. So you are probably going to have to subpoena whatever you are looking for. I don't understand why you do not want to subpoena them since the only way a document would be admissible is if the custodian is there to testify about their authenticity or they are under a business records affidavit. Without either one of those, your document is not coming into a suit. So, again, I am not sure what you are asking but I hope this helps you understand admissibility of documents. Good luck! www.JudgeCase.com
- Q. Is driving while on prescribed methadone illegal in Ga.
- A: If you are determined to be impaired by drugs or alcohol while driving then you can be charged with DUI. Having a prescription is irrelevant. www.JudgeCase.com
- Q. Can the County give an infraction to a visitor, even if the visitor is from a U.S. territory?
- A: Yes, the county can cite anyone for a traffic infraction, whether they have a driver's license or not, own the car or not, or are here from another country. The fact that they did not know what the law was is not a defense. www.JudgeCase.com