- Business Law
- Intellectual Property
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Bertelsmann AG In re Napster, Inc. Copyright Litigation, Case No. 06-15886 (9th Cir. 2006); Case No. 06-72515 (9th Cir. 2006); MDL 1369 (MHP) (N.D. Cal. 2003) Litigation over the former Napster service; successful settlements in the single largest copyright infringement case in U.S. history
- Bertelsmann AG UMG Recording, Inc. et al. v. Bertelsmann AG et al., 2000-CV-01369 (9th Cir. 2006) Appeal of ruling that compelled production of privileged documents under the “crime-fraud exception.” Won appeal: In a significant precedent, Court clarified scope of “crime-fraud exception”; also ruled substance of documents provided no evidence of fraud.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc. Acquisition of PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. Represented UnitedHealth Group Inc. in its $8.1 billion acquisition of PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. more
- Bertelsmann AG In re Napster, Inc. Copyright Litigation Representing Bertelsmann AG in a series of litigations brought by music publishers and record labels asserting that Bertelsmann should be liable (for tens of billions of dollars) for contributory/vicarious copyright infringement stemming from its loans extended to the Napster file-sharing service. more
- National Football League Players Association|Players Inc. Parrish v. Players Inc. Representing Players Inc. and NFLPA in class action litigation brought by retired NFL players.
- Fordham University
- Brown University
- California State Bar # 238008
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map