Jordan Ashley Morris
- Civil Rights, Family Law, Landlord Tenant ...
- North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee
Native Oklahoman, Jordan A. Morris, has been practicing law since 2014. She currently represents clients in Cumberland County, North Carolina and the surrounding counties in the southern, middle districts of North Carolina. Jordan practices in civil litigation (contract disputes, landlord/tenant issues, personal injury), criminal litigation, family law issues (divorce, custody, paternity, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, juvenile, adoption, guardianships), and estate planning (wills, deeds, probates, conservatorships).
She earned her Juris Doctor degree in 2013 at Florida Coastal School of Law (FCSL). In law school, Jordan was the recipient of the Governor’s Merit Scholarship. She was recognized for her commitment to her community and education when she was awarded the Pro Bono Honors Award and Certificate in Advanced Legal Research, Writing and Drafting. She was a member of the Moot Court Honor Board where she assisted the school in reaching multiple, national championships. While Jordan was in law school at FCSL, their Moot Court, appellate advocacy program had emerged as one of the nation’s most elite programs reaching #1 rankings in the nation.
Jordan was founder and creator of the local chapter of the National Lawyers Guild (NLG) at FCSL, where she was President of the organization during her time there. The organization would venture out to the communities to teach underprivileged citizens about 4th Amendment illegal searches and seizures, Miranda warnings, capital punishment and general police encounters. The FCSL’s NLG chapter would also attend protests as legal observers to help ensure that people’s 1st Amendment, freedom-of-speech rights were not infringed. Jordan has a strong commitment to the public and is a strong advocate for human rights. She spent 2010-2012 volunteering at the Duval County Public Defender’s Office.
Jordan is currently licensed to practice law in Oklahoma, Tennessee, and North Carolina.
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Juvenile Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
My consultations last about an hour. It really depends on the issues that the client is facing. The main reason for the consultation is to ascertain whether the potential client actually needs an attorney, whether our firm is a good fit for your legal needs, and what steps need to be taken next.
- North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- Board of Professional Responsibility of the Supreme Court of Tennessee
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- J.D. (2013) | Law
- Honors: Recipient of the Governor's Merit Scholarship Moot Honor Board Pro Bono Honors Award Legal Research, Writing, and Drafting Certificate
- Activities: Florida Coastal's Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild
- University of Central Oklahoma
- B.A. (2010) | Criminal Justice
- Honors: Dean's Honor Roll
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.