Jonathan H. SiegelSiegel LeWitter Malkani
- Employment Law
Jonathan Siegel, the founding partner of Siegel LeWitter Malkani has spent over thirty years representing employees. His experience runs the full range of cases from individual jury trials to class actions to arbitration and administrative hearings. Jonathan has enjoyed outstanding success in all forums, while building an enviable reputation as a formidable advocate, but one whose word can be trusted.
Jonathan has successfully tried individual cases to juries, judges and arbitrators. He has received substantial six and seven figure jury awards in discrimination cases related to age (Tetzchner v. Unitank - Contra Costa), pregnancy (Byer v. Haider - San Francisco) and sexual harassment (Rogers v. ARINC - Alameda). He has achieved similar awards in arbitration hearings for employment fraud, wrongful termination and pregnancy discrimination. He recently obtained a substantial confidential settlement for a whistleblower in the health care industry.
Jonathan has also obtained outstanding results as lead counsel in class action litigation of wage and hour cases. He is unique among employment lawyers in also maintaining an active practice representing labor organizations. This has enabled him to sharpen his litigation and negotiation skills, to the benefit of all of his clients, through conducting several hundred arbitration and administrative hearings and helping to resolve dozens of collective bargaining agreements. In 2011, he succeeded in obtaining a rerun of the largest private sector union election in over fifty years due to unlawful election conduct, after a twenty-three day trial before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Siegel LeWitter Malkani
- Wesleyan University
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- J.D. (1977)
- Top Employment Attorneys
- The Recorder Newspaper
- Super Lawyer - Employment and Labor
- Super Lawyers
- AV Preeminent Rating
- Top Attorneys in Northern California
- San Francisco Magazine
- Earl Warren Inn of Court
- California State Bar  # 78143
- - Current
- Jonathan H. Siegel's Website Profile
- Siegel LeWitter Malkani Website
- Bay Area Employment Lawyer Blog
- New Law Expands Family Leave Laws in California
October 1, 2020
- Siegel LeWitter Malkani Wins Appeal Overturning Decision to Deny Class Certification to Patients Denied Coverage for Mental Health Treatment by Kaiser Health Plan
July 29, 2020
- Reason to Celebrate: Supreme Court Holds that Employers Cannot Discriminate Against LGBTQ+ Employees
June 15, 2020
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.