Offers Video ConferencingTap to Call This Lawyer
Jeffrey J. MichalowskiSerafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C.
- Elder Law, Estate Planning, Insurance Claims ...
One of the founding partners of Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz and Associates, P.C., Jeff focuses his practice in the areas of elder law, estate planning, trust administration, probate administration, and corporate law. Jeff grew up in Sterling Heights and is happy to have returned to Macomb County to practice law.
Prior to establishing Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C., Jeff worked with a large regional accounting and business consulting firm, an insurance defense law firm and a business law firm specializing in corporate law, business formation, business consulting and private equity matters. After working with an elder law and estate planning firm from 2003 through 2005, Jeff left the firm to form Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz and Associates, P.C., together with Phillip S. Serafini, in early 2006. Shortly thereafter, they were joined by Patrick J. Derkacz. The firm grew quickly to become a general practice firm offering expertise in specialized practice areas, including: no-fault and auto-law; longterm disability insurance claims and disputes; and, elder law—areas of practice that the firm is recognized locally and nationally. Today the firm enjoys being a neighborhood firm meeting almost all of its community’s legal needs.
From 2006 to present, Jeff has maintained his elder law and estate planning focus while assisting clients in other aspects of law including corporate planning, consulting and litigation. He has assisted thousands of local area families with the difficult task of finding longterm-care planning solutions for their aging loved-ones while protecting estates from Medicaid “spend-down” and estate recovery. He is passionate about helping families find the best quality of care at the lowest cost possible. Jeff also enjoys helping families and business owners plan for the future through the use of estate planning and business succession planning.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Google Meet
- Free Consultation
- Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C.
- - Current
- Wayne State University Law School
- J.D. | Law
- Adrian College
- Michigan Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- State Bar of Michigan
- - Current
- Jeffrey J. Michalowski's Website Profile
- Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C. Website
- Michigan Lawyer Blog
- SMDA Partner Phillip Serafini is a 2022 Super Lawyer
August 26, 2022
- Court of Appeals Decision Represents Major Victory for Survivors of Catastrophic Crashes and their Families
August 26, 2022
- Legendary Detroit Broadcaster Passes Away
March 30, 2020
- Long Term Disability Insurance Lawyer Blog
- LTD Insurer’s repayment request results in significant recovery for disabled Physician.
January 18, 2022
- Michigan No-Fault Law update
November 16, 2021
- CIGNA agrees to overturn Long Term Disability claim denial decision
September 20, 2021
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.