Free Consultation: (305) 570-2271Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jean Richardson

Jean Richardson

Experienced Divorce Lawyer with Fair, Flat Fees. Mention "JUSTIA" for Discount
  • Divorce, Family Law, Criminal Law...
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII PlatinumSocial MediaResponsive Law

Welcome to Richardson Law Group. I am happy to help you sort through the challenges of divorce and custody matters. I am known for aggressive, and fair representation. I charge fair, flat fees. Potential clients can be assured that I have the necessary experience and dedication to family law that it takes to get these issues resolved. I will give each and every client the personal attention that their case requires. I have a near perfect winning trial record and am formidable in the courtroom. I would be honored to meet with you to discuss all of your options. -J.R.

Additional Information about Jean Richardson, Major, USAF (Ret.)., MBA, Attorney at Law

After more than 20 years of distinguished dedicated service, Jean retired as a senior military officer from the United States Air Force (USAF). Jean is from Miami, FL and was pleased to finally be stationed somewhat close to home at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, FL. For several years, Jean served as a key part of US Special Operations Command. Jean’s work in defense of the US and national security paved the way for his interest in politics and the law. Jean worked as an Assistant State Attorney in the 6th circuit where he honed his litigation skills and racked up a nearly perfect winning trial record. Jean rose quickly to become Lead Trial Attorney. It is this experience that made him an advocate for fair and equal treatment of those accused of crimes, but also a vicious prosecutor against those that battered women and committed senseless violent crimes.

Jean retired from the USAF in 2012 and attended Stetson University, College of Law in Gulfport, FL where he earned his Juris Doctorate Degree. Jean received his Masters of Business Administration Degree from Western New England College in Massachusetts in 2001. Jean received a Bachelor’s of Science Degree from Park University in Missouri in 1998.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Business Law
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    30 Minutes
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal Injury Cases Only
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
ID Number: 0117559
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • Haitian Creole: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Richardson Law Group
Air University
Officer Training School | Air Command and Staff College
Placeholder image for education.
Stetson University College of Law
J.D. (2015)
Stetson University College of Law Logo
Western New England College
MBA (2001)
Placeholder image for education.
Park University
B.S. (1998)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar # 0117559
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Business Networking International
Placeholder image for professional associations.
VA Hospital
Pro Bono Attorney
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Stetson University College of Law - Veteran's Law Institute
Placeholder image for professional associations.
US Foreign Relations Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Gulf Coast Legal Foundation Private Attorney Involvement Program
Pro Bono Attorney
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Phi Delta Phi
Former President
Placeholder image for professional associations.
United States Air Force
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Richardson Law Group
Legal Answers
26 Questions Answered

Q. is it illegal not to tell the baby’s father the unborn child’s gender?
A: No, you don't have to share that information right now. Lots of people choose to delay knowing till the baby is born.
Q. How much money will she receive for three kids but I’M unemployed
A: The formula uses both parties' income. A judge or the department of revenue will impute minimum wage on you if you are unemployed. The final amount depends on many factors in the child support guidelines such as, how many days a week the children are with you or her, etc.
Q. What are some common things a judge will require a parent convicted of domestic violence to complete.
A: If your son was ever on probation for any of the charges, he should have been ordered to complete a batterer's intervention class and anger management. If he has not completed any of those, he probably should. Also, he may want to consider completing a parenting class. Best of luck!
Q. Middle of a divorce...can my husband steal our entire tax refund after promising in written email half our refund?
A: No, it doesn't sound right. You filed a joint return, you are entitled to a portion of the refund. The joint return is marital property. You should consult with an attorney since he has one. Your attorney can see to it that you are treated fairly and equitably. Good luck!
Q. Hii I got stopped by the police for driving without license He gave me a ticket and said I have to appear in court
A: If the officer was extremely nice and chose to charge you with a failure to display, then it is a civil infraction. Therefore, no jail involved. It sounds like you were charged with a second degree misdemeanor driving without a valid DL. If that is the case, you face up to maximum 60 days in jail. Unless you really upset the judge, I doubt that you will receive any jail if you were not able to get your license because you failed the exam. The state may offer you probation and give you 6 months to get your DL. The exam is not that hard, study get it done and get your case dismiss. Good luck!
Q. How much would it cost for a divorce and neither party wants anything from the other
A: It depends. Do you have kid(s)? Even though you don't want anything from each other, are there property to be divided? If there are no kids, no property, then it is a simple dissolution. Some attorneys have flat fee retainer and some will still charge an hourly rate. If it is a truly simple dissolution, it should not be too costly. I suggest calling and speaking with a couple of attorneys to get an idea.
Q. I have a child support order in Florida. I have been paying onlinr.every 2 weeks religiously.
A: Sure, a letter should be sufficient. However, I would recommend an affidavit that is signed and notarized. Good luck!
Q. Someone wants to come to us from Italy what needs to be done
A: Please be more specific. There is not enough information to formulate a proper answer to your question. Is this a relative (brother, sister, mother, spouse, etc.)? Is this an employee? Immigration law can be complicated and extensive.
Q. Can my ex wife sell a vehicle that still had her name on it but I was given 100% ownership in the divorce
A: If the cmfinal order gave you the property right, she is in contempt for violating the order. You would have to file an appropriate motion to hold her in contempt of that final order.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Richardson Law Group
1125 NE 125th St., Suite 227
North Miami, FL 33161
Telephone: (305) 570-2271
Richardson Law Group
1221 W Colonial Dr #201
Orlando, FL 32804
Telephone: (321) 200-0732