Jean ManekeThe Maneke Law Group, LC
- Business Law, Entertainment & Sports Law, Estate Planning ...
Jean Maneke has been practicing media, publishing and entertainment law for more than 25 years. In addition to her work for individual clients, she serves as counsel to the Missouri Press Association.
Ms. Maneke has been “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, a peer-review lawyer-rating organization for many years. The “AV” rating is the highest rating a lawyer can receive from this organization. She also has been recognized since 2006 as being among the Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of First Amendment Law and Litigation-First Amendment.
Formerly a journalist, she worked as a reporter for numerous newspapers and magazines, most notably having served as a reporter and legal columnist for the Kansas City Times, morning edition predecessor to the current Kansas City Star.
She has counseled newspapers, magazines, broadcasters, book publishers, web site designers, authors, photographers, film and video producers, and recording artists both in Kansas City and across the country in the areas of libel, privacy, and copyright issues. In addition, she is a frequent speaker at seminars relating to these subjects and frequently serves as a source for stories published on industry issues.
She is the author of many of the changes to Missouri’s Sunshine Law (The Open Meetings/Open Records Law) since the 1990s and is also a frequent lecturer on this topic. She was named to the Best of the Bar among Kansas City’s lawyers in 2009 by the Kansas City Business Journal.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Intellectual Property
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Media Law Resource Center
- Missouri State Bar
- - Current
- A-V Rating
- Martindale Hubbell
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.