James E. Monroe is a partner at Dupée & Monroe. P.C. where he devotes his practice to representing injured plaintiffs in personal injury litigation including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, and construction accidents. James also maintains an active criminal defense practice and represents people whose civil rights have been violated. James received his undergraduate degree from Albany State University in 1991 and earned his Juris Doctorate law degree from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan in 1996. In addition to his law practice, James is proud to serve as Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Access:Supports For Living. Chairperson of the Orange County Cornell University Cooperative Extension; and chairman of the Orange County Foreign Trade Zone Board. James also volunteers as an Assistant Scoutmaster for Boy Scout Troop 63, Goshen, New York.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Drug Offenses
- Free Consultation
I offer a free, 24/7 consultation for 1 hour.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Law Clerk
- State of Michigan
- Performed research and legal writing in support of legal staff.
- Law Clerk
- Office of the New York State Attorney General
- Conducted legal research and writing in support of legal staff assigned to the Department of Consumer Fraud.
- Clerk for Senator Arthur Gray - 39th District
- New York State Senate
- Assisted Senator Gray with office support, constituent communications, drafting legislation and political events.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D. (1996) | Doctor of Law (J.D.), Legal Studies, General
- Honors: Blue Book Award for academic excellence and achievement in lawyering before trial.
- Blue Book Award
- The Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Academic excellence and achievement in lawyering before trial.
- New York State Bar # 2787117
- - Current
- Dupée & Monroe Website
- Close to 50 Hudson Valley Drivers Charged in DWI Crackdown Weekend
14 May 2018
- Governor Cuomo to Restore Voting Rights of Persons on Parole
30 April 2018
- Local Man Arrested for Reckless Endangerment
20 April 2018
- Local Doctor Arrested after Writing Illegal Prescriptions Faces Federal Charges
31 March 2018
- Press Release
13 March 2018
- Hudson Valley Construction Company Receives Hefty OSHA Fine after Worker Death
23 February 2018
- Dupée & Monroe Attorneys Score Win for Injured Worker
16 February 2018
- Recent Hudson Valley Car Accidents Highlight Need for Careful Driving in Winter Weather
24 January 2018
- Local Man Arrested and Charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon
4 January 2018