James E. Monroe is a partner at Dupée & Monroe. P.C. where he devotes his practice to representing injured plaintiffs in personal injury litigation including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, and construction accidents. James also maintains an active criminal defense practice and represents people whose civil rights have been violated. James received his undergraduate degree from Albany State University in 1991 and earned his Juris Doctorate law degree from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan in 1996. In addition to his law practice, James is proud to serve as Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Access:Supports For Living. Chairperson of the Orange County Cornell University Cooperative Extension; and chairman of the Orange County Foreign Trade Zone Board. James also volunteers as an Assistant Scoutmaster for Boy Scout Troop 63, Goshen, New York.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Drug Offenses
- Free Consultation
I offer a free, 24/7 consultation for 1 hour.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Law Clerk
- State of Michigan
- Performed research and legal writing in support of legal staff.
- Law Clerk
- Office of the New York State Attorney General
- Conducted legal research and writing in support of legal staff assigned to the Department of Consumer Fraud.
- Clerk for Senator Arthur Gray - 39th District
- New York State Senate
- Assisted Senator Gray with office support, constituent communications, drafting legislation and political events.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D. / Doctor of Law (J.D.), Legal Studies, General (1996)
- Honors: Blue Book Award for academic excellence and achievement in lawyering before trial.
- Blue Book Award
- The Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Academic excellence and achievement in lawyering before trial.
- New York State Bar # 2787117
- - Current
- Dupée & Monroe Website
- Side-Impact Crashes Result in Serious Injuries
19 September 2017
- Intersections a Common Location for Accidents
22 August 2017
- How Are Auto Accident Claims Assigned a Money Value?
8 August 2017
- Accident Involving Roof Collapse Results in Suspension of License for Contractor
24 July 2017
- Dash Cams: the Ultimate Eyewitness to Your Accident
7 July 2017
- Motor Vehicle Accidents a Major Cause of Child Fatalities
15 June 2017
- Hudson Valley Pedestrian Killed, as Pedestrian Fatality Rates Rise Nationwide
9 June 2017
- Distracted Driving Pinpointed as a Factor in Many New York Crashes, Including Recent Local Incident
22 May 2017
- Study on Driver Habits Reveals Troubling Trends
12 May 2017