Free Consultation: (408) 460-6334Tap to Call This Lawyer
James Carr Suits II

James Carr Suits II

Law Office of James C. Suits II
  • Personal Injury
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Mr. James C. Suits II has 11 years of experience handling a broad range of personal injury litigation in San Jose, California. Mr. Suits focuses on representing individuals injured in accidents, as well as due to the intentional acts of others. Prior to founding the Law Office of James C. Suits II, Mr. Suits handled the defense of personal injury claims, which has provided him with an inside perspective on both sides of personal injury claims. This experience allows him to effectively evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in his clients’ cases, as well as successfully negotiate the best possible outcome in protracted litigation. Mr. Suits’ broad experience with a range of personal injury claims brings the kind of judgment, expertise, and problem solving that your unique legal situation requires. Mr. Suits spends substantial time listening to his clients and working closely with them throughout the entire litigation process in order to achieve the best results possible. His prior litigation experience includes working as an Associate Attorney for Robinson & Wood, Inc. and Tharpe & Howell, LLP, as well as a Law Clerk for the Civil Liability Division of the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office. The Law Office of James C. Suits II was established to provide clients with friendly and compassionate representation that is 100% focused on achieving the best possible results in their litigation cases. Mr. Suits believes in conducting litigation in a professional and respectful manner with the highest level of integrity. However, litigation can become a contentious battle and Mr. Suits is always up for a good fight whenever it’s necessary. Mr. Suits graduated from Los Gatos High School in 1993. He graduated with honors from the University of California, Santa Barbara and obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry in 1997. Mr. Suits obtained his Juris Doctor degree in 2003 from the University of Southern California Law School in Los Angeles, California.

Practice Area
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
    We offer free consultations on any personal injury matter, either by phone or in our office in San Jose, CA. Flexible scheduling for consultations, including times during regular business hours as well as evenings and weekends.
  • Contingent Fees
    We offer very competitive contingency fee structures, including our 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% structure. If your case is settled before filing a lawsuit in court, the contingency fee is 25%. If the case settles after a lawsuit is filed, but before the 30-day period before trial, the fee is 30%. If the case settles during the 30-day period before trial, the fee is 35%. If the case settles at any point from the first day of trial onward, the fee is 40%.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Contingency, flat, and hourly fees are available, depending on the type of case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Principal Attorney
Law Office of James C. Suits II
- Current
Associate Attorney
Robinson & Wood, Inc.
Associate Attorney
Tharpe & Howell, LLP
Law Clerk
Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, Civil Liability Division
Records Clerk
Burns, Doane, Swecker & Mathis, LLP
University of Southern California
J.D. (2003)
Honors: High honors grades in Trial Advocacy, Evidence, and Remedies. Honors grades in Torts II, Constitutional Law II, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Wills, Bioethics, and Sports Law. Hale Moot Court Honors Program.
University of Southern California Logo
University of California - Santa Barbara
B.A. (1997) | Chemistry
Honors: Graduated with Honors
University of California - Santa Barbara Logo
Top Contributor
Rising Stars
Super Lawyers
Top Contributor
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar # 229990
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of James C. Suits II
Legal Answers
17 Questions Answered

Q. Can I sue the lady that hit my mother and the metro bus driver.
A: The lady who punched your mother in the face is likely broke, so it would be pointless to file a lawsuit against her. However, you can contact the District Attorney who is prosecuting the case and submit all the medical expenses and other damages that your mother suffered and ask to have the damages added to the restitution order against the assailant. I don't see any basis for liability against the bus. Best of luck.
Q. My dogs got out of yard, and a female tripped herself on her own dogs leash. Does she have any legal recourse?
A: If your dogs didn't cause the lady's injury, then you have no legal responsibility for it.
Q. buisness employees severely damaged my vehicle after trapping me inside. Do I have a lawsuit?
A: I didn't see any claim in your question that you deny stealing something, which tells me that you stole something and they went after you legitimately. If you plead to grand theft, that means you're essentially admitting you committed a crime that day. If you stole something and a bunch of employees had to go after you, then you do not have a viable civil case. I wouldn't take your case in a million years. A jury is not going to give you any money if this happened as a result of you stealing something from the company.
Q. I was injured on a Metro bus, and I don't know what to do. I have an attorney, but he seems wholly inadequate.
A: You may have some big problems. Has your attorney filed a government claim yet? There is a 6 month deadline from the date of the March, 2015 accident to file a personal injury claim against a government agency, such as those running the bus system. If your attorney failed to do that, your claim may be barred. This is the most important thing to discuss with your attorney immediately. If he failed to submit a claim within the 6 month period, that will likely qualify as legal malpractice on his part. If your attorney did file a government claim and/or lawsuit, then you should tell your lawyer to stop being lazy and do his job. If he won't do what he's supposed to, then try to find another lawyer. Best of luck.
Q. What can i do with "hostel family members who r telling lies on me trying to put my fam. In homes
A: Your question is quite vague. Maybe consider seeking a civil harassment restraining order against them, depending on the nature of the threatening messages.
Q. I got bit by a dog while delivering a pizza to a customers home, it was inside and growled and barked loudly.
A: You likely have a valid claim against the homeowner if you sustained injuries from the dog bite. Speak with some personal injury attorneys about the viability of your claim.
Q. I had an accident. I was not under the policy of the car, my boyfriend was but he gave me permission to drive it...
A: Yes, you can pursue a personal injury action against the other driver, if that driver was at fault for running the stop sign. It is likely (but this should be confirmed by checking the policy) that your boyfriend's insurance policy allows permissive use drivers to be covered, in which case you would have been properly insured. You need to speak with a personal injury attorney to discuss representation.
Q. Can I sue for my son broken tooth?
A: Your kid was injured during a basketball game, seemingly as a part of the inherent nature of the sport, so I think you're going to need to suck this one up. I think suing would be a bad option. It is highly unlikely that a judge would award you anything in a small claims action. Best of luck with getting your kid's tooth fixed.
Q. If I end up needing an attorney. Would I be responsible for paying for the attorney?
A: Personal injury attorneys generally work on a contingency fee basis, so they will only be paid if they obtain a settlement / judgment in your favor. It may be a bit tough to find a personal injury attorney willing to take such a seemingly small case as yours, but keep looking around, you may be able to find one. You will need to have a serious discussion with some attorneys regarding the viability of a lawsuit. I think it would be quite reasonable to ask the restaurant to cover your ER bill, that would get them off the hook easier than if an attorney became involved, because an attorney would likely seek a settlement beyond just the ER bill. Best of luck.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of James C. Suits II
181 Devine St
San Jose, CA 95110
Telephone: (408) 460-6334