Mr. Resnick is a highly skilled and experienced business litigator who concentrates on complex business litigation, non-competition covenant litigation, and arbitration matters. Mr. Resnick represents businesses in cases involving breach of contract, business torts, unfair competition, and intellectual property rights. Mr. Resnick has substantial Florida state court appellate experience with Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal and federal appellate experience with the United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Resnick prides himself in keeping his clients well-informed throughout all phases of litigation, from initial consultation through summary judgment, settlement or trial, and appeal, if necessary. He is admitted to practice in all state courts in Florida and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Business Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Non-Compete Litigation
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Mavrick Law Firm
- Foreman Friedman, P.A.
- Commercial Litigation Attorney
- The Law Office of Andrew B. Peretz P.A.
- Litigation Attorney
- McCalla Raymer
- Robertson, Anschutz & Schneid, P.L.
- Law Clerk
- Nicaud & Sunseri Attorneys at Law
- Tulane University School of Law
- Rollins College
- Florida State Bar
- Jacob M. Resnick's Website Profile
- Mavrick Law Firm Website
- Florida Business Litigation Lawyer Blog
- DEFENDING FLORIDA EMPLOYERS: PLAINTIFF’S INITIAL BURDEN OF PROOF MUST INCLUDE SHOWING THAT COMPARATORS WERE TREATED DIFFERENTLY
15 June 2019
- TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT LITIGATION: PRODUCT DESIGNS THAT ARE FUNCTIONAL MAY NOT BE SUBJECT TO TRADE DRESS PROTECTION
12 June 2019
- FLORIDA NON-COMPETE AND TRADE SECRET LITIGATION: FAILURE TO PROVE DAMAGES CAN DEFEAT LAWSUIT
8 June 2019
- FLORIDA NON-COMPETE LAW: COURTS SCRUTINIZE THE CONTRACTUAL WORDING WHEN DECIDING THE SCOPE OF A NON-COMPETE COVENANT
1 June 2019
- FLORIDA TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT LITIGATION: TIME BARRED CLAIMS ARE SUBJECT TO LACHES DEFENSE
31 May 2019
- FLORIDA NON-COMPETE AGREEMENTS: ADVERTISING BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION MAY NOT VIOLATE A NON-COMPETE AGREEMENT
23 May 2019
- FLORIDA NON-COMPETE LAW: ANTITRUST ISSUES WHEN EMPLOYERS AGREE NOT TO SOLICT EACH OTHER’S EMPLOYEES
18 May 2019
- FLORIDA NON-COMPETE AND RELATED TORT LAW: WHEN DO AN EMPLOYEE’S ACTIONS BEFORE ENDING EMPLOYMENT CONSTITUTE TORTIOUS INTERFERENCE AS OPPOSED TO LAWFUL PREPARATION TO COMPETE?
12 May 2019
- RECENT FEDERAL APPELLATE COURT RULING ASSISTS FLORIDA EMPLOYERS IN THEIR DEFENSE AGAINST EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION LAWSUITS
10 May 2019