Henry W. Clark joined the law firm of Clark, Hunt, Ahern & Embry in March of 1996. A partner in the firm, Mr. Clark focuses his practice on the representation of not-for-profit education and human service corporations and families of individuals with disabilities.
Mr. Clark handles matters such as discrimination and employment issues, rate setting appeals, institutional child abuse investigations, regulatory compliance hearings, and licensing and approval negotiations with state agencies. Mr. Clark also represents clients in matters involving the Americans with Disabilities Act, and at Probate hearings concerning individuals with disabilities and, for petitions to administer psychotropic medication.
In addition, Mr. Clark works with clients seeking access to services for disabled adults, and in legal challenges to statutory provisions limiting resources for service provision to disabled individuals. He also represents families regarding attaining adult services, and estate planning including Special Needs Trusts.
Mr. Clark has advised numerous organizations providing special education and human services in Massachusetts and the Northeast. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Clark served for thirteen years as the Executive Director of the Massachusetts Association of Chapter 766 Approved Private Schools. This organization is comprised of over one hundred licensed private facilities providing services to mentally and physically challenged children in Massachusetts.
Mr. Clark serves on the Board of Directors for numerous human service and educational organizations in Massachusetts. A 1967, phi beta kappa, graduate of Illinois College and a Fulbright Scholar, Mr. Clark graduated from Harvard Divinity School in 1971. In 1984, Mr. Clark received his Ph.D. in Ethics from Boston College, and in 1989, graduated cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Estate Planning
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts.
- Clark, Hunt, Ahern & Embry
- - Current
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. (1989)
- Bentley College
- Ph.D. (1984)
- Harvard University
- B.D. (1971)
- Illinois College
- B.A. (1967)
- Process, Thought and Justice Ph.D. dissertation
- Boston College
- Process, Thought and Justice
- Chapter in Process Philosophy and Social Thought. John B. Cobb, Jr. and W. Widick Schroeder, Editors.
- Parenting a Special Needs Child
- Private and Public Concerns Pointer, Volume 25, No. 1
- Sterilization of the Mentally Retarded: Personal Suffering and Public Policy
- Massachusetts Comm. on Christian Unity
- Henry W. Clark's Website Profile
- Clark, Hunt, Ahern & Embry Website
- Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Blog