Texas licensed Attorney with over 10 years of experience practicing U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law. Substantial experience handling all areas of Employment-Based (EB) immigration, Family-Based (FB) immigration and Non-Immigrant Visa matters. Proven track record of success with a high approval rate of labor certifications cases with the U.S. Department of Labor (200+ approved cases), and more than 2500 combined approvals of various types including both, non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions with USCIS.
Mr. Lopez has bold experience handling cases involving IT Consultants and third party placements and Investment Immigration. He also participated in the preparation, review and filing of an EB-5 Regional Center designation application in Texas which resulted in its approval.
Mr. Lopez is admitted to practice law in all courts of the State of Texas, all Immigration Courts throughout the United States and the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Texas. He holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) Degree from the University of Houston Law Center (2002), a Juris Doctor (JD) and another Masterâs Degree in Tax Laws (2000). He is a member in good standing of the State Bar of Texas, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), American Bar Association (ABA), Houston Bar Association (HBA), International Bar Association (IBA) and the Venezuelan Bar Association.
Mr. Lopez is a citizen of the United States, Spain (EU) and Venezuela.
- Employment-Based Immigration PERM - 1-140 (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3) and EB-5 (investment)
- Removal Defense and Bond Hearings
- Adjustment of Status & Consular Processing
- Work Permits (EAD) & Advanced Paroles (AP)
- Work Visas (H-1B - L-1A/B - TN's - O's & P's)
- Employer Compliance (I-9 Compliance Review & Sanctions - E-Verify)
- Investor Visas [E-1 (Treaty Trader) - E-2 (Treaty Investor)]
- Family Immigration [Immediate Relatives of USC's & LPR's - Fiance Visas (K)]
- Citizenship & Naturalization
- Immigration Law
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Immigration Attorney
- Law Offices of Hector J. Lopez
- A full service immigration firm representing companies and individuals with various U.S. immigration matters including Employment & Family Based Immigration, Non-Immigrant Visas, Nationality and Investment Immigration. With over 10 years of experience in the United States and over 16 years in overall legal experience, Hector J. Lopez has represented many companies and helped individuals achieve their American Dream. Mr. Lopez has special expertise in solving complex business immigration and employment matters dealing with IT firms and roving consultants. Mr. Lopez has successfully processed over 200 labor certification cases under current PERM regulations with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and well over 2,500 applications and petitions with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Mr. Lopez's expertise also includes I-9 compliance, E-Verify procedures, Labor Condition Applications (LCA) and public access files (PFA) compliance. Hector J. Lopez can represent individuals in Bond Hearings and Removal Proceedings before the Immigration Court. He is licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Texas and admitted to the United States Federal Court of the Southern District of Texas. This enables him to practice immigration and nationality law and represent individuals and companies throughout the United States and before all immigration courts in the nation. Mr. Lopez is also licensed to practice law in Venezuela since 1997. Having personally undergone all stages of the immigration process, Mr. Lopez has the ability to understand your feelings and concerns about your immigration matters. He is fluent in Spanish and the firm can offer assistance in Greek as well. http://www.hjlopezlaw.com
- University of Houston - Main Campus
- LL.M. | International Business Law
- Universidad Santa Maria
- LL.M. | Tax Law
- Universidad Santa Maria
- J.D. | Law
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Activities: The College of the State Bar of Texas is an honorary society of lawyers who are among the best trained attorneys in Texas. Members are qualified attorneys who are interested in both high ethical standards and improved training for all Texas attorneys.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Venezuelan Bar Association