Ms. Heather C. Keith, Esq. is the founder of Keith Family Law in Westfield, NJ. Since the beginning of her legal career, she has devoted her practice almost exclusively to divorce and family law, successfully representing clients in the Superior and Appellate Courts, as well as outside of court. Focusing on alimony, child support, child custody, legal separation, and other family law issues, Ms. Keith works tirelessly to help her clients navigate the difficult and confusing world of divorce law, with an emphasis on the benefits of collaborative practice.
Ms. Keith received her Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law where she served on the Seton Hall Circuit Review Journal and won multiple awards in appellate advocacy. Ms. Keith represented at-need clients in the Family Law Clinic at Seton Hall University’s Center for Social Justice. An accomplished musician, Ms. Keith founded the Arts Law Society and served two years as President.
After her clerkship with Hon. Lisa F. Chrystal, now Presiding Family Judge of Union County Superior Court, she spent several years at a very reputable boutique law firm specializing in matrimonial law. Ms. Keith is trained in mediation and conciliation skills and has completed training in Divorce Mediation. As part of her commitment to offering clients alternatives to litigation, Ms. Keith is a collaboratively trained attorney. She is a member of the New Jersey Collaborative Law Group, the New Jersey Center for Collaborative Divorce and Mediation, and the International Academy of Collaborative Law Practitioners. Ms. Keith enjoys advocating for her clients, performing music, and mentoring young attorneys.
- Family Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Domestic Violence
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New Jersey
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Partner
- Keith Family Law Group
- - Current
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- New Jersey State Bar # 026832007
- - Current
- Heather C. Keith, Esq. To Present at JNICLE, ADR Day 2019 – Valuable Tips for Arbitrators and Mediators for Resolving Conflict in a Complicated World, Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, Iselin, NJ
- New Jersey State Bar
- Heather Keith, Esq. of Keith Law Firm will be speaking on June 5th at the New Jersey State Bar Association ADR Day 2019. Heather will present along with other speakers on current information, updated techniques and useful tactics that can be used to improve your practice and better represent your clients. Description: "The Interplay of Collaborative Law and Mediation in Divorce and Family Matters – Resolving Tough Issues." Just as no two families are alike, no single process suits every family in a separation or divorce. Let’s discuss the “fit” of processes for a potential case, the tools and teamwork necessary to produce a successful outcome, and how to breach gridlock. Speakers: Anna Maria Pittella, Esq.; Adam J. Berner, MA, Esq.; Shireen B. Meistrich, LCSA; Melissa Fecak, Esq.; Heather C. Keith, Esq.
- Keith Family Law Website
- Keith Family Law Blog
- What Does the Divorce Mediation Process Look Like?
27 June 2019
- The Scorched Earth Divorce Strategy: Why It Hurts Everyone
20 June 2019
- How Is Child Support Calculated in New Jersey?
6 June 2019
- Divorcing an Abusive Spouse: What You Need to Know
30 May 2019
- Heather C. Keith Esq To Present at NJICLE For ADR Day June 5th
29 May 2019
- Is Divorce Mediation Right for Me?
21 May 2019
- More Women Are Paying Alimony in New Jersey
14 May 2019
- 7 Pitfalls When Filing For Divorce
9 May 2019
- Child Custody & Religion
1 September 2017