Gunda Yohanna Brost

Gunda Yohanna Brost

Abogado de inmigración / Avocate d'immigration / Einwanderungsrecht
  • Immigration Law
  • federal
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

Gunda J. Brost is a U.S. immigration attorney ("lawyer") from Oldenburg, North Germany. Ms. Brost holds a J.D. from Hamline Mitchell University School of Law (2006) and holds a license to practice law in Iowa (2007). Ms. Brost has represented clients from all over the world in various different immigration-related matters and has a special interest in asylum law, waivers and getting complex cases unstuck. Ms. Brost is fluent in French, German and Spanish.

Practice Area
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Additional Practice Area
  • asylum, naturalization, green cards, visas, waivers
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • GoToMeeting
  • Chime
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
  • Latin: Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
AILA (American Lawyer's Association)
- Current
Hamline University School of Law
J.D. (2006) | Law
Honors: Outstanding Student in the area of immigration law
Hamline University School of Law Logo
Client Choice Award
Outstanding Student in Immigration Law
Hamline University School of Law
Professional Associations
Iowa State Bar Association  # 22929
Placeholder image for professional associations.
AILA (American Lawyer's Association)
- Current
Activities: Served on various committees and as liaison on the state membership level.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Immigration Simulation, Hampton, Iowa
Archdiocese of Dubuque
Acted as mock immigration judge to show the public what the immigration system is like.
Websites & Blogs
Brost Law Office
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered
Q. I am taking time off from school in Canada w/study permit. I want to travel to the US, will I have trouble coming back?
A: You need to have permission to enter both countries such as a travel visa in order to travel back and forth. You will need a visa to travel to the U.S. unless you are on ESTA or Canadian. For specific questions on whether you can return on the type of status you currently appear to possess for staying in Canada, ask a Canadian immigration attorney.
Q. More than half of my property taxes go to City Schools which allow illegal immigrant's children an education without a
A: Would you rather they don’t have a safe place to go and get an education? They’re here and I’d you force desperate people out into the streets or will certainly cause more desperation and crime.
Q. Would there be a problem will immigrating with my daughter to Canada?
A: Canadian immigration law questions are best brought up with a Canadian immigration attorney because Canadian law is different from U.S. law. That being said, putting the name of another relative who is not the father on your child's birth certificate is a bad idea. Many people before you have just left the father's name blank and that is ok.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Brost Law Office
902 W. 12th St.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Telephone: (319) 266-3668
Monday: 11 AM - 3 PM
Tuesday: 11 AM - 3 PM
Wednesday: 11 AM - 3 PM
Thursday: 11 AM - 3 PM
Friday: 11 AM - 3 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.