Gary Alan Jackson

Gary Alan Jackson

  • Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have a strong interest in medicine and the law. Workers compensation law is a natural fit for me and I am blessed to be able to work with both doctors and lawyers every day. My interest in medicine definitely provides me an edge, a greater understanding, of my clients injuries and how the long term effects of a work injury can dramatically impact the ability to work and earn a living. in my practice of work comp law I am routinely questing doctors about their diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plans. This is very challenging yet very rewarding and it certainly results in consistently better and more just settlements for our clients.

Practice Areas
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Personal Injury
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
- Current
Univ of West Los Angeles
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 168947
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. A workman's comp doctor just MMI me based on an 18 percentage with stipulations of no bending lifting more than 10 lbs
A: you need to consult with an experienced workers compensation attorney to assess if MMI is appropriate at this time, what you can do and cant do regarding work restrictions and what the most accurate permanent disability percent is. workers compensation is very complex and going cheap to save 15% attorney fees by acting as your own attorney usually only results in you obtaining less money than you would have got even after paying 15% to an experienced workers compensation attorney.
Q. Workman's Comp is now working with my attorney and WC Judge to come to a settlement. This is a four year situation.
A: only your attorney can provide you legal advise and information about your specific case. you will need to set an appointment to address your concerns with your attorney.
Q. I was sent back to work after 2 wks of work men's comp . How long will it take to make a offer to me for my injuries.
A: after 27 years of practice my general impression is that the industrial clinic or company clinic doctors that first assess your injury are generally biased in favor of the insurance company that is paying them. meaning that they often down play the severity of the injury initially and tend to send people back to work sooner than they should which shifts the burden to pay you off the insurance company and onto the employer. You are free to get a new treating doctor and there are some out that really are looking out for their patients first, not insurance profits first. experienced workers compensation attorneys know which doctors tend to be more concerned with their patients and which are not. I recommend you consult and hire a workers compensation attorney who can help direct your medical care to a patient focused doctor as well as oversee and direct your entire case so that your rights are properly asserted and your settlement is adequate and appropriate for your injury. if your injury is nothing more than first aid then you may not need an attorney but for anything more you should at least request a consultation to learn your rights.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Jackson & Jackson
20422 Beach Blvd Ste 200
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Telephone: (562) 426-9500
Fax: (562) 426-9900
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.