Ethan A. Trice

Ethan A. Trice

Sheffron Law Firm
  • Estate Planning, Business Law, Probate ...
  • Arkansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Patrick A. Twisdale
Patrick A. Twisdale October 17, 2022
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
He is an amazing attorney who knows how to place his clients in the best position
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I'm an attorney practicing in Western North Carolina and licensed to practice in North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, and Arkansas. I primarily focus on transactional law and estate planning.

I'm originally from Georgia, but went to Wake Forest for Law School. While at Wake Forest, I was involved in the Moot Court, Public Interest Law Organization, Phi Alpha Delta, and the Federalist Society.

My main practice areas are estate planning, business law, trademarks, and family law. I am a guardian ad litem in several of the counties here in Western North Carolina.

Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Elder Law
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Trademark Registration
Video Conferencing
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • WhatsApp
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Arkansas Judiciary
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
North Carolina
North Carolina State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
South Carolina
South Carolina Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Board of Professional Responsibility of the Supreme Court of Tennessee
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Sheffron Law Firm
- Current
Davis Curry Law
King Law Offices, PLLC
Wake Forest University
Wake Forest University Logo
University of Nebraska - Kearney
M.A. (2018) | History
Placeholder image for education.
Mercer University
B.A. (2013) | History + Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Mercer University Logo
Professional Associations
Arkansas State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tennessee State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Carolina Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Batista's Cuba: The Unrepublican Republic
?University of Nebraska at Kearney?ProQuest Dissertations Publishing
Notary Public
North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
Teaching House
Websites & Blogs
Work Website
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. Do you think it's doable for me to get guardian ship of my husband away from his brother and sister
A: I am not licensed in Virginia, but I am licensed in North Carolina and several other states and will answer based on how North Carolina operates. Realistically, you'll need an attorney in each state or an attorney licensed in both states to do this.

In general, transferring guardianship from one state to another is a difficult process (even for attorneys). The fact that you're presently in a nursing home/assisted living home makes it more difficult for *you* to become guardian and that may be why you were not appointed guardian in the first place. It's not exactly a legal presumption, but it's the norm for a spouse to be considered the best guardian for a person (barring some inability or unwillingness of said spouse). If the two of you have any children together, it may be a good idea to ask one of the children to attempt to become your husband's guardian. ... Read More
Q. Why would my stepsister send me and my siblings a personal property exemption form ....keep all his personal stuff
A: There are a couple forms she could be trying to get you to sign. It sounds like she's trying to get you to waive your inheritance rights. If your father's wife never adopted you and never made a will, realistically the stepsister gets her property. Why she's trying to get you to sign is strange and you can certainly choose not to sign.
Q. Who gets house and everything when stepfather then passes?
A: If he never adopted you, you don't inherit from him in the absence of a will. Intestacy statutes will apply and the property will either go to his children (if he has any legal children) or his sibling(s). His living sister's daughter won't have a claim (rather the sister herself does) and any nieces/nephews of dead siblings of your stepfather would inherit.

Realistically, he should either make a will or do a ladybird deed to you, if that's what he's wanting.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Sheffron Law Firm
475 S Church St
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Telephone: (828) 698-9889
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.