I am Emy Cordano, a family law attorney based in Salt Lake City. I concentrate my practice on divorce and family law matters; I am not a general practice lawyer. Family law is all I do. This focus allows me to stay current on all related aspects of Utah family law and to stay connected to my clients as we work together to solve all your problems. If you are facing a divorce or another legal problem involving your children, relationships or finances, it is essential to have a lawyer who will engage personally with you. You may need a counselor you can talk to and an adviser you can trust, as well as a very competent legal advocate who understands all the relevant legal processes. Your case may require extensive analysis, careful negotiation and even dynamic representation at trial. I will draw on more than 18 years of experience in all these settings as I listen carefully, talk things through and find the best approach for you. I balance the compassion of a genuinely open, caring person with the competitive drive of a motorcycle racer or downhill skier, which are among my weekend pursuits. I am a very competent, detail oriented advocate for my clients who find themselves in serious, life altering situations. I believe that this area of practice requires great strength, understanding and compassion and I bring that to your case. This feels like the “Emergency Room” of the legal world and you need excellent care. I am your legal physician. I am not scared of competition or big, expensive oppositions or big law firms. I will work hard and efficiently and will give you my very best efforts to make sure you have the best possible outcome.
Late and weekend appointments available
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Law
- Free Consultation
- Afrikaans: Spoken, Written
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Spoken, Written
- Italian: Spoken, Written
- Samford University
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- J.D. (1994) | Law
- Honors: Dean's List
- Utah State Bar # 08528
- Park City Bar Association Board of Directors
- Continuing Legal Ed. Co-Chairperson
- Utah State Bar, Character & Fitness Committee
- Learn How I Can Help You
- Salt Lake City Divorce Law Blog
- Did You Know You Could Be Sued for Debts Your Spouse Ran Up?
19 April 2018
- Custody, Parentage, Paternity – What Is the Difference?
13 April 2018
- Child Support and Paternity in Utah
12 April 2018
- The Emotional Toll Of Divorce
6 April 2018
- 3 Challenges for those Going Through a Gray Divorce in Utah
5 April 2018
- How Does Utah Law Punish People For Lying in Divorce Proceedings?
29 March 2018
- Child Custody and Taxes: How Does a Divorce Affect Your Taxes in Utah?
28 March 2018
- Divorces in Utah Are Set to Skyrocket After Trump’s Tax Reform
23 March 2018
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Chances of Obtaining a Favorable Child Custody Decision
22 March 2018