I am Emy Cordano, a family law attorney based in Salt Lake City. I concentrate my practice on divorce and family law matters; I am not a general practice lawyer. Family law is all I do. This focus allows me to stay current on all related aspects of Utah family law and to stay connected to my clients as we work together to solve all your problems. If you are facing a divorce or another legal problem involving your children, relationships or finances, it is essential to have a lawyer who will engage personally with you. You may need a counselor you can talk to and an adviser you can trust, as well as a very competent legal advocate who understands all the relevant legal processes. Your case may require extensive analysis, careful negotiation and even dynamic representation at trial. I will draw on more than 18 years of experience in all these settings as I listen carefully, talk things through and find the best approach for you. I balance the compassion of a genuinely open, caring person with the competitive drive of a motorcycle racer or downhill skier, which are among my weekend pursuits. I am a very competent, detail oriented advocate for my clients who find themselves in serious, life altering situations. I believe that this area of practice requires great strength, understanding and compassion and I bring that to your case. This feels like the “Emergency Room” of the legal world and you need excellent care. I am your legal physician. I am not scared of competition or big, expensive oppositions or big law firms. I will work hard and efficiently and will give you my very best efforts to make sure you have the best possible outcome.
Late and weekend appointments available
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Law
- Free Consultation
- Afrikaans: Spoken, Written
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Spoken, Written
- Italian: Spoken, Written
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- J.D. / Law (1994)
- Honors: Dean's List
- Samford University
- Utah State Bar # 08528
- Park City Bar Association Board of Directors
- Continuing Legal Ed. Co-Chairperson
- Utah State Bar, Character & Fitness Committee
- Learn How I Can Help You
- Salt Lake City Divorce Law Blog
- Are You Still Seeing Your Former Spouse?
22 September 2017
- Is a Legal Separation Right for me?
21 September 2017
- Types of Court Modifications
17 September 2017
- Social Media and Divorce Mediation
11 September 2017
- How to Avoid the Ugliness of Contested Divorce?
8 September 2017
- Does Your Spouse Have Hidden Assets?
1 September 2017
- Is It Time to Modify Your Alimony?
24 August 2017
- What Should I Do Before Filing For Divorce?
24 August 2017
- We’re Getting A Divorce…….Later
17 August 2017