Emy CordanoEmy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law
- Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
I am Emy Cordano, a family law attorney based in Salt Lake City. I concentrate my practice on divorce and family law matters; I am not a general practice lawyer. Family law is all I do. This focus allows me to stay current on all related aspects of Utah family law and to stay connected to my clients as we work together to solve all your problems. If you are facing a divorce or another legal problem involving your children, relationships or finances, it is essential to have a lawyer who will engage personally with you. You may need a counselor you can talk to and an adviser you can trust, as well as a very competent legal advocate who understands all the relevant legal processes. Your case may require extensive analysis, careful negotiation and even dynamic representation at trial. I will draw on more than 18 years of experience in all these settings as I listen carefully, talk things through and find the best approach for you. I balance the compassion of a genuinely open, caring person with the competitive drive of a motorcycle racer or downhill skier, which are among my weekend pursuits. I am a very competent, detail oriented advocate for my clients who find themselves in serious, life altering situations. I believe that this area of practice requires great strength, understanding and compassion and I bring that to your case. This feels like the “Emergency Room” of the legal world and you need excellent care. I am your legal physician. I am not scared of competition or big, expensive oppositions or big law firms. I will work hard and efficiently and will give you my very best efforts to make sure you have the best possible outcome.
Late and weekend appointments available
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Juvenile Law
- Free Consultation
- Afrikaans: Spoken, Written
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Spoken, Written
- Italian: Spoken, Written
- Owner & Managing Partner
- Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law
- - Current
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- J.D. (1994) | Law
- Honors: Dean's List
- Peer Review Rated
- 10 Best Attorneys
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- 2016, 2017
- Utah State Bar  # 08528
- Activities: Character & Fitness Committee 2001-2011
- Park City Bar Association
- Activities: Board of Directors 2005-2015, Co-chair Continuing Legal Education Committee 2005-2015
- Learn How I Can Help You
- Emy A. Cordano's Website Profile
- Salt Lake City Divorce Law Blog
- Paying Alimony in a Lump Sum: Pros & Cons
October 27, 2022
- Potential Benefits of Legal Separation in Utah
September 21, 2022
- 3 Social Media Mistakes To Avoid Making When Getting A Divorce
August 21, 2022
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.