Free Consultation: (407) 260-6001Tap to Call This Lawyer
Eduardo J. Mejias

Eduardo J. Mejias

AAA Family Law, LLC
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Before choosing a family lawyer, ask these questions: Is the attorney devoted exclusively to family law, or a general practitioner with limited experience in this area? How long will I have to wait to speak with my family lawyer? Will my family lawyer aggressively pursue my interests, or just passively react to what the other side does? Eduardo J. Mejias of AAA Family Law, has the answers: When you hire me as your Orlando family lawyer from AAA Family Law, you get the insights of an accomplished attorney devoted only to family law. I have practiced primarily family law since 2005, representing clients in more than fifty trials, dozens of depositions and hundreds of mediations involving divorce, alimony, child support and related cases. My level of experience ensures you the highest quality of representation. I will be accessible and meet with you in a twenty-minute free initial consultation to discuss your situation. I will keep you informed of the progress of your case and respond to all of your phone calls and e-mails within 24 hours. You will also talk to me personally about your legal matters, not to an assistant. I will be aggressive in litigating your case by using every available legal tool to further your interests. My extensive knowledge of family law and my familiarity with judges lets me to see options that less-experienced attorneys would not think of. The AAA Family Lawyer's Commitments: I will answer your questions honestly, offer you a clear and understandable strategy for achieving your objectives and aggressively protect your interests. Your calls and emails will be returned within 24 hours. You will always know the amount of your retainer fee before you pay and it will be reasonable and easy to understand. Call Eduardo J. Mejias at (407) 260 - 6001 to schedule a free initial consultation. I look forward to meeting you.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Appeals & Appellate
Additional Practice Areas
  • Child Support
  • Child Custody
  • Divorce Mediation
  • Enforcement of Decrees
  • Prenuptial Agreements
  • State Child Protection
  • Spousal Support
  • Child Time Sharing
  • Military Family Issues
  • Adoptions
  • Domestic Violence Injuctions
  • Paternity
  • Department of Children and Families (DCF)
  • Post-Judgement Enforcement of Decrees
  • Free Consultation
    An initial 20-minute consultation is free. There is an hourly charge for additional consultation time. See the page Family Lawyer Retainer Fee of the AAA Family Law website for more information. At the free initial consultation we find out about the circumstances of your case, explain what we plan to do to help you and quote you the retainer fee we will charge.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Master Card and Discovery
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    The AAA Family Law retainer fees are almost all flat (or fixed). A flat fee retainer means that your payment does not depend on the hours worked and charged by the lawyer. We will quote you the retainer fee after we learn about your case during the free initial consultation, before you sign a contract or make any payment. Only the very few cases that are too complex to estimate the hours of work needed require an hourly fee at AAA Family Law. We also have a choice of an affordable monthly payment plan or a single discounted payment due at the time of signing the contract.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
- Current
As owner and manager of AAA Family Law I have been specializing exclusively in family law cases in the Orlando Metro area. This includes: Adoptions, Alimony or Spousal Support, Child Custody or Time Sharing, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence Injunctions, Enforcement of Decrees, Divorce Mediations, Military Family Issues, Name Changes, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, State Child Protection,
Associate Attorney
Kaufman, Englett & Lynd, PLLC (KEL)
I practiced family law in the Orlando metro area, handling about fifty cases at any given time.
Associate Attorney
Busatta Law Firm, P.A
I practiced mainly family law and some cases of civil litigation in the Ft. Myers - Cape Coral area.
Associate Attorney
Law Offices of Michael M. Raheb, P.A.
I practiced mainly family law and some cases of civil litigation in the Ft. Myers - Cape Coral area
Associate Attorney
Thompson Law Firm, P.A.
I practiced mainly family law and some cases of civil litigation in the Ft. Myers - Cape Coral area.
Associate Attorney
Lusk, Drasites, Tolisano & Smith, P.A
I practiced mainly family law and some cases of civil litigation in the Ft. Myers - Cape Coral area.
Associate Attorney
Thompson Law Firm, P.A.
Practiced family law, personal injury, commercial litigation, and criminal defense, conducted consultations with potential clients, drafted pleadings, motions, appellate briefs, and discovery.
Indpendent Personal Trainer
Indpendent Personal Trainer
Worked as an independent personal trainer
Associate Attorney
Associate Attorney for Gobelman, Love, Gavin, Blazs & Mathis, P.A.
I practiced medical malpractice defense, workers’ compensation defense, and general civil litigation.
Contractual Attorney
Arnold Tritt & Associates
I conducted legal research and drafted memoranda regarding criminal law and landlord/tenant law.
Associate Attorney
P. Campbell Ford & Associates
I practiced personal injury litigation, commercial litigation, criminal defense, medical malpractice, landlord/tenant, nursing home litigation, and general civil litigation
Certified Intern
State Attorney’s Office in Duval County
Conducted research on criminal cases for the lawyers of the State Attorney's Office
University of Florida
J.D. / Law (1997)
Honors: Graduated with Honors
University of Florida
B.A. / Political Science (1994)
Honors: Graduated with High Honors
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 161187
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Eduardo J. Mejias, Esq.'s Website Profile
AAA Family Law, LLC Website
AAA Family Law, LLC Serving The Orlando Metro Area
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. Can my husband of almost 20 yrs. just pick up and desert me? No kids. I'm in my 60s. He has all the money
A: In Florida a spouse can obtain a divorce without a specific reason. However, you may be able to extract alimony from him. A court might also order your husband to pay your attorney's fees. If you have any questions about a divorce, I encourage you to call me and scheudule a free consultation.
Q. My child's father haven't see her in 4 yrs stop paying child support and now file for timeshare for my 12 yrs old.
A: I want to add that you can file a counter-petition that asks for retroactive chlid support. However, if there already exists an judicial order estabilshing a child support amount, you should file a motion for contempt against the father. If the court finds the father in contempt, you will probably be awarded the attorney's fees that you spent. Also, the court will likely order the father to graudally pay off the child support arrears. I encourage you to call me and schedule a free consultation if you have any questions.
Q. Dcf was called with allegations of drug use in my home . I'm told to go take urine drug test . What r my rights
A: Normally, when DCF pays you a visit, its because the other parent complained of a real or perceived threat to the child(ren)'s welfare. Even worse, the other parent may just be seeking leverage in his/her family law case against you. Fortunately, unless a judicial order compels you take a drug test, you are not required to do so merely to aid a DCF investigation. However, if you are confident that the results will be negative, it may be worthwhile to self-administer one just to give DCF a good reason to close its investigation. However, I would have to know more about the facts before I can advise you on what to do. I encourage you to call my office and schedule a free consultation. Have a great afternoon.
Q. What do me and my daughters mother need to do when we are getting married and I pay support for my daughter?
A: You need to file what is referred to as a Supplemental Petition for Modification of Child Support. Basically, you are requesting a termination of your child support obligation due to the substantial change in cirumstance of your marriage to the mother of your child. Please keep in mind that your child support obligation will not terminate automatically. You must be proactive and file the petition that I just mentioned. If you need more guidance, feel free to call my office and schedule a free consultation.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
AAA Family Law, LLC
283 Crane Roost Blvd.
Suite 111
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Telephone: (407) 260-6001
Fax: (407) 260-6001