Free Consultation: (212) 804-8663Tap to Call This Lawyer
Donovan A Rodriques

Donovan A Rodriques

Business and Entertainment Attorney
  • Entertainment & Sports Law, Business Law, Intellectual Property
  • New York
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a business and entertainment attorney. I concentrate my practice in the area of film and television development, financing, production and distribution. I represent producers, talent, entertainment companies and entrepreneurs, including a number of startups and emerging companies in media, sports and entertainment technologies.

Practice Areas
Entertainment & Sports Law
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Intellectual Property
  • Free Consultation
    First consultation up to 60 minutes
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Business & Entertainment Attorney
Rodriques Law, PLLC
- Current
He concentrates in the area of film and television development, finance, production and distribution. His principal clients include individuals and businesses in the film, television and music industries, including a number of start-ups in media, sports and entertainment technologies.
Norman Manley Law School
Placeholder image for education.
Edinburgh University School of Law
LL.M. | International Trade Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of the West Indies
LL.B. (1999) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
New York State Bar
- Current
Activities: Member of the Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
How to Obtain Indie Film Financing
NYSBA Fall/Winter 2013 Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Journal
Websites & Blogs
Rodriques Law, PLLC blogs
Legal Answers
44 Questions Answered
Q. I'm writing a script from an idea given to me by a friend - how is the work treated from an ownership standpoint?
A: Depending on how well-developed the idea is and how much is used, you are the sole owner of the copyright in the script. You may give your friend "story by" credit. You should contact a qualified entertainment attorney to review all the facts.
Q. If a nonprofit owns a film, but gives a portion of the revenue to the filmmakers, who truly owns it?
A: How does the agreement between the filmmakers and nonprofit treat the issue of ownership of the film? How do you know the nonprofit owns it? Are there any documentation evidencing copyright ownership of the film?
Q. I own a Food business can I use my aunts( she has passed) name to brand an item - with out any issues?
A: You should be able to use your aunt's name, unless barred by some other principle of law, such as trademark infringement.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
54 W 40th Street
New York, NY 10018
Telephone: (212) 804-8663
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.