I began practicing law in Lufkin, Texas in 1994. I represent clients in Social Security Disability / SSI claims, family and probate matters, and criminal defense. I primarily practice in Angelina, Nacogdoches, Houston, Trinity, and Polk Counties, but will occasionally travel to other areas, depending upon the needs of the client.
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Social Security Disability
I generally offer a free initial consultation of at least 20 minutes, sometimes longer, depending upon the case.
Credit Cards Accepted
I accept credit cards through PayPal.
In Social Security Disability and SSI cases, there is no fee unless you win.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I offer flat fees in some types of cases; other cases are handled on an hourly fee basis. My basic rate is $180.00 per hour, but may be higher in particular circumstances.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Attorney / Proprietor
- Don F. Richardson, Lawyer
- - Current
- I am an experienced attorney in solo practice. I represent clients in divorce and child custody proceedings, probate matters, criminal defense, Social Security Disability/SSI, and general civil matters.
- Attorney / Project Administrator
- Lone Star Legal Aid
- Responsible for implementing and supervising a pilot program to assist low-income individuals to represent themselves in court. Directed and coordinated development of forms for self-service document assembly kiosks. Advised self-represented litigants on civil legal matters, including divorce, child custody, probate, real property matters, and landlord-tenant disputes. Assisted pro se parties with drafting pleadings and preparing to appear in court. Conducted community outreach for the Project and for Lone Star Legal Aid.
- Williams & Byrd, Attorneys at Law
- Attorney in small general practice law firm. Represented clients in diverse legal matters, including family law, probate, real estate, general civil litigation, criminal defense, bankruptcy, and Social Security Disability.
- Don F. Richardson, Attorney at Law
- Solo attorney in general law practice. Represented clients in diverse legal matters, including real estate, probate, family law, criminal defense, and Social Security Disability.
- University of Texas - Austin
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.) (1993) | Law
- Baylor University
- B.A. | English
- Angelina County Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: The Angelina County Bar Association is a civic and social organization for lawyers who live and/or practice law in Angelina County, Texas. Through the Bar Association, local lawyers award college scholarships each year to deserving high school students, and support civic projects for the betterment of Angelina County.
- Texas State Bar  # 00788866
- - Current
- Activities: The State Bar of Texas was founded in 1939. It is the fifth largest bar association in America, with over 86,400 active members. The State Bar strives to uphold the integrity of the legal profession in Texas, and provides many services to members of the profession as well as the public.
- Q. How long do you have to file assault charges on someone ?
- A: Assuming the assault is a misdemeanor, an indictment or information must be filed within 2 years from the date of the offense.
- Q. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY RECORD EXPUNG IN HARRIS COUNTY ?( LITTLE - MISDEAMENORS ) ANY GOOD - REASONABLE LAWYER/ADVISE .
- A: I concur with Mr. White's answer. I will add that expunction is available only in limited circumstances in Texas. If you were convicted of an offense, you will not be eligible for an expunction unless the conviction was overturned on appeal, or unless you were subsequently pardoned. If you entered a plea for deferred adjudication, you will not be eligible for expunction, even though you were not convicted. However, you might be eligible for a non-disclosure order if you received deferred adjudication and completed your probation successfully. You will need to discuss your specific case with an attorney.
- Q. Do I need a lawyer for a probation violation
- A: I concur with Mr. White's response. A lawyer can be helpful in any probation violation matter. If the State files a motion to revoke, you should definitely be represented by counsel.