Offers Video ConferencingTap to Call This Lawyer
Diane Mall SammarcoRich, Intelisano & Katz, LLP
- Securities Law, Employment Law, Business Law ...
- New York
Diane Mall Sammarco is Of Counsel to Rich, Intelisano & Katz, LLP. Ms. Sammarco represents investors in securities arbitration and litigation against financial firms, as well as employees in industry disputes and self-regulatory investigations. Ms. Sammarco joined the firm’s predecessor, Rich & Intelisano, LLP, in 2008.
In June 2010, Ms. Sammarco was part of the team at Rich & Intelisano, LLP that won the Bayou v. Goldman Sachs Execution & Clearing case: a $20.6 million FINRA arbitration award against Goldman Sachs related to the Bayou hedge fund fraud. The 18-day hearing generated a 100% recovery of the compensatory damages requested. It is the largest arbitration award ever rendered against Goldman, the second largest hedge fund-related customer arbitration award, and the ninth largest customer arbitration award of any kind against a Wall Street firm. The award is also the first win in any court or arbitration forum by investors against a clearing or prime broker related to a hedge fund Ponzi scheme based upon fraudulent transfer theories. The award was confirmed by Judge Rakoff of the SDNY in November 2010 and is currently on appeal to the Second Circuit.
Immediately prior to joining Rich & Intelisano, LLP, Ms. Sammarco was a sole practitioner with an office in Warwick, New York, practicing in the areas of securities arbitration, employment law, commercial litigation and residential real estate.
Ms. Sammarco began her law career in 1998 with the firm of Pressman & Associates, in New York, New York, where she represented investors as well as broker-dealers in NASD and NYSE securities arbitration proceedings. While at Pressman & Associates, Ms. Sammarco also represented individuals in employment-related matters, and individuals and businesses in commercial and civil litigation matters.
- Securities Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- New York
- Of Counsel
- Rich, Intelisano & Katz, LLP
- Brooklyn Law School
- Activities: member of the Brooklyn Law Review.
- Binghamton University
- B.A. | Politics, Philosophy and Law
- New York State Bar  # 2935963
- Diane Mall Sammarco's Website Profile
- Rich, Intelisano & Katz Website
- Securities Fraud Attorney Blog
- Rich, Intelisano & Katz Lawyers Investigate Regulation D Offerings Issued by HJ Sims & Co. Inc.
November 18, 2022
- RIK Won the Largest Award Against UBS Relating to Its YES Options Strategy
September 28, 2022
- Liquidating or Exchanging Annuities May Be Unsuitable for Investors
May 31, 2022
- New York Commercial and Construction Lawyer Blog
- Indemnification Claim Dismissed Based on “The Work Itself” Exclusion in Construction Contract
July 20, 2021
- Executive Order Tolling the Statute of Limitations Cannot Serve to Revive a Mechanic’s Lien That Was Not Timely Renewed
March 29, 2021
- The Difficulties in Reducing The Value of a Mechanic’s Lien
October 30, 2020
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.