Free Consultation: (617) 870-1000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Dayna Lally

Dayna Lally

Lally Immigraiton Services, LLC
  • Immigration Law
  • Massachusetts, Michigan
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Dayna Lally assists clients in all matters pertaining to immigration. She handles temporary visas, family-based immigration, employment-based immigration, asylum, and citizenship.

Dayna was born in Flint, Michigan. She moved to Boston halfway through her undergraduate studies at Michigan State University. After studying one year at Suffolk University, Dayna participated in an honor's study abroad program at Univerzita Karlova in Prague, Czech Republic. Dayna graduated from Suffolk University (Magna Cum Laude) in May 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Sociology, Criminology, and Law. She then earned a Juris Doctor from New England Law I Boston in May 2013.

In November 2013, Dayna was admitted to the Massachusetts State Bar. In June 2014, she was admitted to the state bar of Michigan. Dayna has been practicing solely immigration law since January 2015.

In February 2019, Dayna established Lally Immigration Services, LLC to provide affordable immigration legal services to individuals, families, and employers. Dayna's office is located a few miles from her home in Woburn, Massachusetts.

Dayna is the spouse of a naturalized U.S. citizen and the mother of a young daughter who holds dual citizenship in the U.S. and Ireland.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free Consultations
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment Plans Available
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
ID Number: 688246
State Bar of Michigan
ID Number: P78569
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner and Immigration Attorney
Lally Immigraiton Services, LLC
- Current
• Provide immigration legal services to individuals, families, and employers. I handle visas, green cards, asylum, citizenship, and more.
New England Law | Boston
J.D. (2013) | Law
Suffolk University
B.S. (2009) | Sociology, Criminology, and Law
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations
State Bar of Massachusetts # 688246
American Immigration Lawyer's Association
- Current
Massachusetts State Bar # 688246
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Citizenship Class, Woburn, MA
YMCA International Learning Center - Woburn
I will be speaking at a citizenship class hosted by the YMCA International Learning Center - Woburn and the Woburn Public Library.
Websites & Blogs
Lally Immigration Blog
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. I am hoping to get married to my fiance in Honduras and I do not know how to file for a certificate of single status.
A: You could file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance, and marry him here in the United States within 90 days of his entry. For marriage information in Honduras, I suggest that you contact the U.S. Embassy in Honduras.
Q. I am a US citizen and trying to marry an illegal immigrant will we have problems?
A: I agree with Attorney Avery that most states will allow the marriage. Whether you may encounter problems down the line depends on whether your boyfriend was inspected and admitted at his last arrival and whether he could be found inadmissible for criminal convictions, health-related grounds, etc.
Q. Adjustment of Status I-485 with arrest or criminal record and attorney fees
A: The I-485 specifically asks: "Have you EVER been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement officer (including but not limited to any U.S. immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces or U.S. Coast Guard)? Since you have been arrested, you will need to submit certified police and court records of the criminal charge and arrest. Most attorneys will provide the fee for services during an initial consultation. These fees may vary depending on where in the United States you retain an attorney.
Q. My current wage is 6% less than the PWL and priority date current soon, may I file 485 with year-end bonus? Thanks.
A: Generally, a bonus is not considered part of your annual wage because it is not guaranteed. You could apply for adjustment of status and have a "joint sponsor" complete an affidavit of support.
Q. Since 1995 i been waiting fir immigration interview. Finally yesterday i went to my interview.
A: The I-864 is an affidavit of support. Most family-based immigrants and some employment-based immigrants are REQUIRED to submit this form as evidence that adequate means of financial support exist and the immigrant is not likely to rely on the U.S. government for financial support. Depending on your income and household size, you may need to use the assets and/or income of a "joint sponsor" to meet the 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. I suggest that you work with your lawyer to promptly prepare and submit this form. Any delay in submission will cause a delay in the processing of your application.
Q. Will a pending EB-3 application cause issues with filing for an I-485?
A: It shouldn't cause problems.
Q. USCIS made a mistake on my name on my greencard card. Will there be any problem if i travel internationally ?
A: You may experience problems traveling internationally. If the USCIS incorrectly input your name on your existing green card, you should file an application to replace the card with the correct name. Note: If you file a Form I-90 to request replacement of your existing card, you will need to submit your current card with the incorrect data.
Q. I’m a US Citizen and want to petition my parents to come back into the US through me, how does it work?
A: Were your parents part of the "we" that overstayed a tourist visa in 1996?
Q. Looking for options to stay/work in US as L1A visa getting expired with EB1-I140 approved.
A: No, you must use the Final Action Dates chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for June 2019. You may only use the Dates for Filing chart if the USCIS determines that there are more immigrant visas available for a fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas. The USCIS would indicate this on the following website:
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Lally Immigration Services, LLC
400 TradeCenter Drive
Suite 5900
Woburn, MA 01801
Telephone: (617) 870-1000