- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Toyobo Incorporated Zeppetella v. Second Chance Body Armor, Inc. GIN034151 (Cal. Super. Ct. (San Diego)) Defended Toyobo in products lawsuit in connection with high-performance fiber Zylon used to manufacture bullet resistent vests. Won dismissal of the punitive damages, negligence and breach of warranty claims, and obtained a hung jury on the product defect claim. On the failure to warn claim, limited Toyobo’s liability to only 10% of damages awarded. Subsequently settled on extremely favorable terms before entry of judgment.
- Toyobo Incorporated Limbacher v. Second Chance Body Armor, Inc. & Toyobo America Inc. Defended first Zylon ballistic vest case to ever be tried; resulted in extremely favorable settlement for Toyobo.
- Toyobo Incorporated Lemmings v. Toyobo Obtained an extremely favorable settlement for Toyobo in the first ballistic vest case to be tried. The lawsuit involved a highly publicized shooting of a police officer who was acting in the line of duty. more
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority In the Matter of Madison Square Garden, L.P. v. New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority, and Jets Development LLC On behalf of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Weil Gotshal defeated a challenge by Madison Square Garden and a number of community groups to the MTA’s Board’s decision to proceed with negotiations with the New York Jets to allow the team to build a new football stadium on Manhattan’s West Side. more
- Cornell University
- University of Minnesota
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map