Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
1991 John Marshall Law School
1988 University of Illinois
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Attorney
- Law Offices of David M. Siegel & Associates
- - Current
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- David M. Siegel
- American Bankruptcy Institute’s Recommendation For Student Loans In Bankruptcy
28 May 2019
- Bankruptcy Filings Are Up In 2019
12 February 2019
- City of Chicago’s New Ordinance Regarding Parking Tickets
5 December 2018
- Chicago Chapter 13 Trustee’s Squeezing Debtors Into Dismissal
14 October 2017
- Bankruptcy Case Study For Ms. F., From Aurora, Illinois
17 June 2017
- Paying The Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Trustee
14 June 2017
- Filing The Right Bankruptcy Case Under The Proper Chapter
31 May 2017
- Changing Bankruptcy Attorneys Mid-Case: Does It Ever Make Sense?
16 May 2017
- Filing Bankruptcy After Your Car Has Been Impounded For Parking Tickets, No Longer A Good Option
2 May 2017
36 Questions Answered
- Q. My husband left me his car before he went to asia active duty...he is mad at me and wants his family to come and take
- A: The car is marital property. His family cannot legally take the car away from you. He would have to petition the court.
- Q. Dispute with a contract
- A: You should give them the opportunity to make it good. If they cannot, then you can bring a suit for breach of contract.
- Q. Short of trying to sell on EBay or Craigslist, is there any way to get out of a timeshare ownership?
- A: You could deed in back to them if they are willing to accept a deed in lieu. Usually, timeshare companies are willing to do so.
- Q. What is Strike from call in a Illinois divorce
- A: Strike from the call means that the matter is not being heard and that it is literally taken off of the docket for the day. It does not mean that the case is over or dismissed.
- Q. I live in Illinois and have filed for no fault divorce to spouse who is imprisoned in Florida; will this go quickly now?
- A: If your spouse is going to sign the documents, then you case can conclude within a matter of weeks. If he is not going to agree to the divorce and he hires an attorney, the case can last years. It all depends upon his willingness to either cooperate or simply default.
- Q. I am getting divorced & am told martial misbehaior isnt grounds for divorce in il. Do I have any legal recourse.
- A: It depends upon the type of marital misconduct. If your spouse has committed adultery, then you do have grounds to file for divorce.
- Q. Hi i want a divorce from my Ex we have nothing togther what is a easy way to get a divorce for him? Thank you
- A: You can file an uncontested case. If both parties are willing to sign the documents, then you can have your case concluded within 3-4 weeks in Illinois.
- Q. Can someone legally garnish paycheck without notice? Looked at paycheck & there it was...
- A: No, a person or entity cannot garnish your paycheck without a judgment and proper notice of garnishment. Unless, the garnishment is a voluntary wage assignment that was signed in the contract for the loan or credit card.
- Q. IF MY HUSBAND HAS A JUDGMENT PLACED AGAINST HIM, AND WE HAVE SEPARATE BANK ACCOUNTS CAN I BE INVOLVED IN ANY COLLECTION?
- A: In short no, as long as your bank account is completely separated from your husband's. The Judgment is against your Husband only.
Contact & Map