David Russotto began his legal career as an attorney with the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps. He was stationed at Naval Base Norfolk as Defense Counsel and then as Trial Counsel and Legal Services Attorney at Naval Air Station Oceana.
After attending Staff Judge Advocate School, David went on to work as staff Judge Advocate at FCTCLANT Dam Neck in Virginia Beach, providing legal advice to the base commander. In 1991, he went into private practice and in 2000, Mr. Russotto helped found Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban.
David’s long familiarity with the military and respect for the sacrifices made by U.S. veterans has been instrumental in his decision to represent disabled veterans and their families. Up until June 2007, veterans were not permitted to engage the services of an attorney to apply for benefits. Today, attorneys may be retained by applicants who have been turned down or received an unsatisfactory level of benefits and wish to appeal the VA's decision. For these reasons, David champions the interests of veterans across the United States.
- Military Law
- Personal Injury
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
It does not cost you anything to hire us as your attorneys. Our attorneys earn their fees on a contingency basis. Under this arrangement, the attorney’s fee is based on a percentage of what you are awarded in the case. If the case is not successful, the attorney does not recover a fee.
- Department of Veteran Affairs Accredited Attorney
- North Carolina
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Court
- U.S. District Court for Middle District of North Carolina
- Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban
- - Current
- Naval War College
- Military Criminal Justice, admiralty and international law
- Wake Forest University School of Law
- J.D. (1987)
- Emory University
- B.A. | English
- Honorable Service Award
- American Legion
- Navy Achievement Award
- U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corp
- North Carolina State Bar # 14297
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates (NOVA)
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ)
- Veterans Disability Benefits
- Comments on: Home
- Hundreds of Veterans File Claims Over Defective Combat Earplugs
15 May 2019
- May 10 Is National Military Spouse Appreciation Day
30 April 2019
- Injured Veterans Seek Relief for Burn Pit Exposure
15 April 2019
- Court Rules Blue Water Vietnam Veterans Eligible for Agent Orange Benefits
29 March 2019
- Rapid Appeals Modernization Program Makes Way for New Process
15 March 2019
- Are You Receiving All the VA Benefits You Deserve?
1 March 2019
- What Are the Differences Between Social Security Disability and Veterans Disability Benefits?
15 February 2019
- Court finds in favor of Blue Water Navy Veterans on Agent Orange Case
30 January 2019
- How Do You Qualify for Veterans Disability Benefits?
30 January 2019