Registered U.S. patent attorney David M. Kleiman has been helping entrepreneurs and businesses succeed with intellectual property law since 1998. He has had many years of experience working on big patent litigation for large multi-national corporate clients, defending businesses against wrongful allegations of infringement, and obtaining intellectual property protection for client innovations and creations.
Attorney of record or lead counsel in more than a dozen lawsuits. Has worked effectively as part of a team to help clients obtain hundreds of millions of dollars in civil litigation settlements. 1st chair criminal jury trial experience. Substantial experience in all aspects of pleadings, written discovery, depositions, motions, court appearances, jury trials, counseling, negotiations, contracts, investigations, opinions, U.S. and international patent applications, trademarks and copyrights. Extensive technical training and experience.
Mr. Kleiman has a degree in pure and applied sciences from Vanier College, a degree in physics from Concordia University, is a cum laude graduate from the nation's number one law school for trial advocacy, Florida's private Stetson College of Law, and has worked extensively both as a scientist and a lawyer with many technologies and industries.
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property
- Free Consultation
Free consultations are available for operating businesses.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Credit Cards Accepted Through PayPal.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
All New Matters Require An Executed Fee Agreement And Security Deposit That Is Commensurate With The Fees And Costs Estimated To Be Incurred In The Immediate Future. Individuals are eligible for a reduced rate initial consultation, the fee for which will be waived if further legal services are rendered.
- US Patent Attorney
- David M. Kleiman dba L.A. PATENTS
- Services include litigating intellectual property disputes in state and federal court; the protection of inventions, brands, and creative works through patents, trademarks, and copyrights; negotiating and drafting agreements related to intellectual property law; and counseling clients in the areas of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and related areas of business law.
- Franklin Pierce Law Center
- Certificate / Intellectual Property
- Stetson Univ COL
- Law Degree / Litigation & Trial Advocacy (1997)
- Florida's First Law School, U.S. Ranked No. 1 For Trial Advocacy.
- Honors: Cum Laude Graduate, Winner Moot Court Competition, Deans List, Top Grade Trial Advocacy, Top Grade Intellectual Property Law, Top Grade Commercial Law, Top Grade International Litigation & Arbitration, Scholarship Award, Superior Court Judicial Clerk Internship
- Ventura County District Attorney Office
- Deputy District Attorney
- Activities: Volunteer criminal jury trial prosecutor.
- California State Bar # 194955
- - Current
- Registered US Patent Attorney
- United States Patent & Trademark Office