Mr. Shestokas earned his B.A. in Political Science from Bradley University in 1975 and his Juris Doctor from The John Marshall Law School, cum laude, in June of 1987. He also studied law at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
Mr. Shestokas is the author of Get Your Illinois Suspended License Back. He has appeared in court on cases involving suspended/revoked driver's licenses more than 10,000 times as a prosecutor or a defense attorney. He is the feature writer in the area of Law, Crime & Justice for the online magazine, Suite 101.
David J. Shestokas concentrates in criminal defense practicing in Southwest Florida. He is an international freelance writer, author and educator of topics pertaining to the US Constitution, wills, estates, trusts and criminal defense.
Shestokas has been a licensed attorney since 1987, when he was admitted to practice before the Illinois Supreme Court. He was admitted to practice before the Florida Supreme Court in 2004. He has a Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science from Bradley University in Peoria, IL. In 1987, he received his Juris Doctor from the John Marshall Law School, with honors, while serving on the John Marshall Law Review.
He studied Spanish in Cuba and Costa Rica and he also studied law at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
From 1987 to 1993 he practiced business law, including incoporations, buy-sell agreements and estate planning for small business owners. From 1994 to 1998, he was an Assistant State's Attorney for Cook County, IL, the largest unified court system in the country.
Shestokas has prosecuted over 10,000 criminal cases, worked in Juvenile Justice and made charging decisions in over 400 felony matters as part of police investigations.
Since 1998 Shestokas has been in private practice in Florida and Illinois.
He participated in the First World Congress of Lithuanian Attorneys contributing to the Lithuanian Constitution after the fall of communism.
He volunteers free legal services four hours per week with the Salvation Army, helping homeless individuals with legal problems, like driver licensing, unemployment and expunging criminal records.
Shestokas has written articles on legal issues and the US Constitution for the Fort Myers News-Press and Naples Daily News. He is the Feature Writer in the area of Law, Crime & Justice for the online magazine Suite101.
His Suite101 writing includes:
Will Provisions to Appoint a Child's Guardian if the Parents Die
Types of Property Ownership are Important to Estate Planning
Elements of a Living Trust, and Why it Simplifies Probate
10 Reasons to Have a Last Will and Testament & to Keep it Current
Last Will & Testament in Florida, Requirements for a Valid Will
- Criminal Law
- Real Estate Law
- Traffic Tickets
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Assistant State's Attorney
- Cook County, IL State's Attorney
- The John Marshall Law School
- J.D. / Law
- Honors: The John Marshall Law Review, Honors Legal Writing, The Order of John Marshall, JD cum laude
- Bradley University
- B.A. / Politcal Science
- Florida State Bar # 698695
- - Current
- David J. Shestokas
- Rosenstein Appointment of Special Prosecutor Bodes Well for America
17 May 2017
- Thomas Jefferson and I Need Your Help!
15 May 2017
- Two Lawless Court Injunctions Against President Trump’s Executive Order on Immigration
17 March 2017
- The Tyrannical Rule of the U.S. Supreme Court by Donald C. Brockett
13 March 2017
- Book Review: Stack the Legal Odds in Your Favor
10 March 2017
- Justice Gorsuch and the Rule of Law in His Own Words
2 February 2017
- The Constitution, Art. I Section 1: All Legislative Power Granted to the Congress
31 January 2017
- The 225th Anniversary of the Bill of Rights, Part II
14 December 2016
- The 225th Anniversary of the Bill of Rights, Part I
14 December 2016