Mr. Shestokas earned his B.A. in Political Science from Bradley University in 1975 and his Juris Doctor from The John Marshall Law School, cum laude, in June of 1987. He also studied law at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
Mr. Shestokas is the author of Get Your Illinois Suspended License Back. He has appeared in court on cases involving suspended/revoked driver's licenses more than 10,000 times as a prosecutor or a defense attorney. He is the feature writer in the area of Law, Crime & Justice for the online magazine, Suite 101.
David J. Shestokas concentrates in criminal defense practicing in Southwest Florida. He is an international freelance writer, author and educator of topics pertaining to the US Constitution, wills, estates, trusts and criminal defense.
Shestokas has been a licensed attorney since 1987, when he was admitted to practice before the Illinois Supreme Court. He was admitted to practice before the Florida Supreme Court in 2004. He has a Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science from Bradley University in Peoria, IL. In 1987, he received his Juris Doctor from the John Marshall Law School, with honors, while serving on the John Marshall Law Review.
He studied Spanish in Cuba and Costa Rica and he also studied law at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
From 1987 to 1993 he practiced business law, including incoporations, buy-sell agreements and estate planning for small business owners. From 1994 to 1998, he was an Assistant State's Attorney for Cook County, IL, the largest unified court system in the country.
Shestokas has prosecuted over 10,000 criminal cases, worked in Juvenile Justice and made charging decisions in over 400 felony matters as part of police investigations.
Since 1998 Shestokas has been in private practice in Florida and Illinois.
He participated in the First World Congress of Lithuanian Attorneys contributing to the Lithuanian Constitution after the fall of communism.
He volunteers free legal services four hours per week with the Salvation Army, helping homeless individuals with legal problems, like driver licensing, unemployment and expunging criminal records.
Shestokas has written articles on legal issues and the US Constitution for the Fort Myers News-Press and Naples Daily News. He is the Feature Writer in the area of Law, Crime & Justice for the online magazine Suite101.
His Suite101 writing includes:
Will Provisions to Appoint a Child's Guardian if the Parents Die
Types of Property Ownership are Important to Estate Planning
Elements of a Living Trust, and Why it Simplifies Probate
10 Reasons to Have a Last Will and Testament & to Keep it Current
Last Will & Testament in Florida, Requirements for a Valid Will
- Criminal Law
- Real Estate Law
- Traffic Tickets
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Assistant State's Attorney
- Cook County, IL State's Attorney
- The John Marshall Law School
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: The John Marshall Law Review, Honors Legal Writing, The Order of John Marshall, JD cum laude
- Bradley University
- B.A. | Politcal Science
- Florida State Bar # 698695
- - Current
- David J. Shestokas
- Eliminating the Electoral College Puts California in Charge
4 April 2019
- Congress Terminates Only Emergency Declaration Protecting US Citizens, Trump Vetos
16 March 2019
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is just the beginning! Communists rising!
14 February 2019
- Eugenics- A Historical Perspective
28 January 2019
- US Census 2020 and the current Deep State sponsored invasion.
15 January 2019
- Modern Day Red Scare upon us, but Americans asleep at the wheel.
9 January 2019
- President Trump does not require detailed analysis. What you see is what you get!
31 December 2018
- Trump continues to play Democrats like a fiddle
28 December 2018
- Understanding the intent and implementation of the Cloward-Piven strategy
19 December 2018