- Stockbroker & Investment Fraud, Securities Law, Insurance Claims ...
- Eastern District of North Carolina, North Carolina
Mr. Watts is a native of Raleigh, North Carolina and attended Elon University, where he played varsity basketball and received numerous academic honors. After graduating from Elon in 2011, Mr. Watts worked as a pro bono intern at the Office of the Federal Public Defender in Raleigh, North Carolina.
In August 2012, Mr. Watts returned to Elon University School of Law to begin his legal studies as a Presidential Scholar. While in law school, Mr. Watts served as the Symposium Editor of the Elon Law Review, competed on behalf of the Elon Law Moot Court Board, mentored students as a Dean’s Fellow, and worked in the community as a Leadership Fellow. Mr. Watts received the book award for Lawyering, Leadership, and Professionalism and was named to the Dean’s List all six semesters of law school.
During law school, Mr. Watts worked as a summer clerk for the Honorable W. Earl Britt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, and as a fall clerk for Chief Judge James L. Gale of the North Carolina Business Court. He completed internships with SAS Institute, the United States Attorney’s Office Appellate Division, and the Wake County District Attorney’s Office. Under the North Carolina State Bar’s third-year practice rule, Mr. Watts was trying—and winning—jury trials before he graduated law school. In doing so, he became the first intern to win a felony jury trial as lead counsel in the Wake County District Attorney’s Office.
In May 2015, Mr. Watts graduated from Elon Law cum laude, received the North Carolina Advocates for Justice Award, and was inducted into The Order of Barristers. Upon graduation, Mr. Watts clerked for the Honorable Robert N. Hunter, Jr. of the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Mr. Watts joined Whiteman Law firm in 2016. He welcomes all potential clients without regard to sexual orientation, skin color, gender, nationality, physical or mental limitations, religion or lack thereof.
- Stockbroker & Investment Fraud
- Securities Law
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Disability Insurance
- ERISA Claims
- Employee Benefits Claims
- Short-Term Disability Claims
- Long-Term Disability Claims
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- North Carolina
- Elon University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude, North Carolina Advocates for Justice Award, The Order of the Baristers
- Activities: Elon Law Review, Elon Moot Court Board, Presidential Scholar, Leadership Fellow, Dean's Fellow
- Elon University
- B.S. (2011) | Marketing
- Elon University
- B.S. (2011) | Sociology
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Whiteman Law Firm
- Whiteman Law Firm Blog
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.