DANIEL E. FORREST specializes in all divorce and family law matters, including paternity, premarital agreements, domestic violence, enforcement, contempt, alimony, child support, custody, visitation, parenting plans, time-sharing, equitable distribution, property division, restraining orders, mediation, and post-judgment modifications.
He is Board Certified in Marital & Family Law by The Florida Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization and Education.
He is a graduate of the University of Florida (B.A., 2002) and Nova Southeastern University School of Law (J.D., 2006).
Mr. Forrest has received Martindale-Hubbell's esteemed "AV- Preeminent" rating, which recognizes lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability. He has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® (“Rising Stars”) Magazine for 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, an honor afforded to no more than 2.5% percent of lawyers in Florida.
Mr. Forrest is also certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator.
He was honored with the distinction of receiving 5.0 out of 5.0 Overall Peer Rating in Family Law, which is the highest possible ranking given by Martindale-Hubble and serves a testament to the fact that fellow attorneys consider Mr. Forrest at the highest level of professional excellence. Only a select group of attorneys are ever awarded with this premier distinction.
Mr. Forrest is a member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, Broward County Bar Association, and American Bar Association.
He authored Chapter 2 (Grounds For Dissolution And Effect Of Fault) of the 10th, 11th, and 12th Editions of The Florida Bar’s complete guide to dissolution of marriage, entitled, Florida Dissolution of Marriage.
He is admitted to practice law in the State of Florida, as well as the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of the U.S. District Courts of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Credit Cards Accepted
- 11th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Nova Southeastern University
- J.D. (2006) | Law
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society; Pro Bono Honor Society
- Activities: Internship at Greenberg Traurig - Sports and Entertainment Department
- University of Florida
- B.A. (2002) | History
- Honors: Dean's List; Pre-Law Honor Society
- Activities: Legal Internship Gainesville Public Defender's Office
- Florida State Bar # 27764
- - Current
- Board Certified Marital & Family Law Specialist
- The Florida Bar
- Broward County Divorce Law Blog
- I want to move my case: Proper venue selection in Florida
4 October 2019
- Calculating child support in Florida: Gross-up or just gross?
27 September 2019
- His credit card, my problem? The incurrence of marital liabilities
20 September 2019
- Divorce after death in Florida?
16 September 2019
- Stalking and social media: Direct messaging versus public posting
6 September 2019
- Does my parenting plan cover acts of God? I pray it does.
30 August 2019
- Adult support: Florida child support beyond the age of 18
23 August 2019
- Simplified dissolution of marriage in Florida
16 August 2019
- Daddy’s girl
9 August 2019