Free Consultation: (617) 657-4529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Dakota Martin

Dakota Martin

Dakota Martin Law
  • Criminal Law, White Collar Crime, Personal Injury ...
  • Massachusetts, New Mexico
Review This Lawyer
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Alexander Conley
Reviewed by Alexander Conley April 12, 2019
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Attorney Martin is an all-around great lawyer and I have seen him effectively strive to get his criminal defense clients the best possible results, even when their backs are up against a wall.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

After practicing for several years as a defense attorney in Albuquerque, New Mexico, attorney Dakota D. Martin returned to Massachusetts to open a criminal defense practice in downtown Boston.

Attorney Martin focuses his practice on criminal defense while taking select personal injury and civil cases.

A member of Suffolk Lawyers For Justice and well established solo practitioner, attorney Martin's represents the accused in courts throughout the Commonwealth.

No matter what you're facing, your case will receive the utmost attention at Dakota Martin Law. Criminal accusations can ruin lives. Defend yourself, but don't do it alone.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    White Collar Crime
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    DUI & DWI
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Mexico
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Dakota Martin Law
- Current
Trial Attorney
New Mexico Public Defenders
New England School of Law
J.D. (2007)
Placeholder image for education.
Top 100 Criminal Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers
Top 40 under 40
National Trial Lawyers
Top 40 under 40
National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations
Boston Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Mexico State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Tips for Talking to Police When a Crime is Being Investigated
Speaking Engagements
Law Practice Management, New England School of Law, New England School of Law
New England School of Law
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
28 Questions Answered
Q. Over 1 year of tenancy, my room mate has embezzled $13,600.00 from me. Bills were not paid. He spent all of it. Help!
A: You could go to the district or municipal court near the house and file a private criminal complaint. The clerk will give you a form where you can write the facts you posted on Justia, maybe with a few more details/dates etc. The court will send a notice of a clerks hearing to this guy . You both show up and tell your story. This seems like a waste of time. Why would you want criminal charges? You just want your money back, not to have to pay double bills and to move on. Well if you get the right clerk, he or she will coax him to pay you. He might be able to avoid a criminal record and you are made whole. Alternatively you could file a civil suit but that takes time and money. Remember you are not precluded from filing a civil suit after you file criminal charges. You are a sympathetic person and the court will want to help you. Small claims? Don't waste your time yet. I hope that helps.
Q. I have received a notice to appear for a order of harassment. I need help in knowing what to do. I need a lawyer to help
A: Because restraining and harassment prevention orders are civil as opposed to criminal, you are not afforded a public defender, regardless of your financial means. You can view the affidavit your neighbor made at the courthouse (if it is even open). Perhaps the clerk can email or fax you a copy. Most courts are currently conducting only telephonic hearings and otherwise closed to the public. Good luck.
Q. Is it illegal to keep a license plate that isn't yours? My friend found one. (They aren't going to use it to drive.)
A: Finder's keepers, loser's weepers. The law is clear from Missouri to Massachusetts, Texas to Tennessee, No, your "friend" has no duty to turn it in.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
35 India Street
Suite 300
Boston, MA 02110
Telephone: (617) 657-4529
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.