Colleen Mixan Mikaitis graduated from the John Marshall Law School in January 2013 and joined Levin & Perconti in April 2013 after passing the Illinois Bar exam. As an associate attorney, Colleen advocates on behalf of victims of negligence in all types of personal injury and wrongful death matters.
Colleen has extensive experience in the area of plaintiff's personal injury litigation. Prior to and during law school, she worked as a law clerk for two Chicago-area personal injury firms. Her experiences influenced her decision to pursue a career in personal injury litigation and taught her the importance of nurturing client relationships. "I enjoy getting to know my clients so I can better understand how their lives have been affected by their injury or loss of a loved one. These bonds motivate me to achieve the best possible outcomes for each of my clients."
As a student at John Marshall, Colleen completed an externship with federal judge John W. Darrah in the Northern District of Illinois in the Summer of 2012. She was named to the Dean's list for several consecutive terms and also received a CALI Award for Illinois Civil Procedure in the Fall of 2012. Additionally, she served as a Teaching Assistant for Professor Rogelio Lasso for two semesters.
Outside of work, Colleen is involved in both bar and charitable organizations. She is a member of the Women's Bar Association of Illinois, a Board Member of the McAuley Law Society and the Chicago Bar Association. She is also involved with Special Olympics.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Levin & Perconti
- The John Marshall Law School
- J.D. (2013)
- Honors: Named to the Dean's list for several consecutive terms and also received a CALI Award for Illinois Civil Procedure in the Fall of 2012.
- Activities: Served as a Teaching Assistant for Professor Rogelio Lasso for two semesters.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.A. (2007) | Political Science
- Emerging Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers
- Rising Star
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- McAuley Law Society
- Board Member
- Colleen Mixan's Website Profile
- Levin & Perconti Website
- Illinois Injury Lawyer Blog
- Supreme Court Rules Workers Cannot Join Together to Sue Employer
13 June 2018
- Sex Trafficking Victims Can Now Sue Social Media Companies
8 May 2018
- Attorney Steve Levin Reviews Southwest Airline’s Decision To Send Money to Recovering Passengers
25 April 2018
- Government Seems Disinterested In Workplace Safety
23 April 2018
- Toddler’s Family Awarded $1.6 Million in Apartment Bedbug Case
7 April 2018
- Stroller Maker Britax Sued by Consumer Product Safety Commission for Failure to Recall Dangerous B.O.B. Strollers
2 March 2018
- Workers Lose, Insurance Companies Win with Workers’ Comp in Illinois
2 February 2018
- Medical Devices: An FDA Afterthought Despite Known Injuries and Death
19 January 2018
- The Biggest Consumer Injury Related Corporate Scandals of 2017
14 December 2017