Colleen Mixan Mikaitis graduated from the John Marshall Law School in January 2013 and joined Levin & Perconti in April 2013 after passing the Illinois Bar exam. As an associate attorney, Colleen advocates on behalf of victims of negligence in all types of personal injury and wrongful death matters.
Colleen has extensive experience in the area of plaintiff's personal injury litigation. Prior to and during law school, she worked as a law clerk for two Chicago-area personal injury firms. Her experiences influenced her decision to pursue a career in personal injury litigation and taught her the importance of nurturing client relationships. "I enjoy getting to know my clients so I can better understand how their lives have been affected by their injury or loss of a loved one. These bonds motivate me to achieve the best possible outcomes for each of my clients."
As a student at John Marshall, Colleen completed an externship with federal judge John W. Darrah in the Northern District of Illinois in the Summer of 2012. She was named to the Dean's list for several consecutive terms and also received a CALI Award for Illinois Civil Procedure in the Fall of 2012. Additionally, she served as a Teaching Assistant for Professor Rogelio Lasso for two semesters.
Outside of work, Colleen is involved in both bar and charitable organizations. She is a member of the Women's Bar Association of Illinois, a Board Member of the McAuley Law Society and the Chicago Bar Association. She is also involved with Special Olympics.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Levin & Perconti
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.A. / Political Science (2007)
- The John Marshall Law School
- J.D. (2013)
- Honors: Named to the Dean's list for several consecutive terms and also received a CALI Award for Illinois Civil Procedure in the Fall of 2012.
- Activities: Served as a Teaching Assistant for Professor Rogelio Lasso for two semesters.
- Emerging Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers
- Rising Star
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- McAuley Law Society
- Board Member
- Colleen Mixan's Website Profile
- Levin & Perconti Website
- Illinois Injury Lawyer Blog
- Influence by Big Business Causing U.S. Chamber of Commerce to Spread Legal Untruths
20 September 2017
- Dancer Paralyzed by Shelter Collapse at O’Hare Receives $148 Million
5 September 2017
- Ford Explorers Sickening Drivers and Passengers with Carbon Monoxide
31 August 2017
- Ohio State Fair Ride Kills 1, Injures Seven Others
27 July 2017
- Court Proceedings Reveal Johnson & Johnson Made Women Test Subjects for Pelvic Mesh Devices
26 July 2017
- Comedian ‘Cedric the Entertainer’ Suing Gas Company Over Leak
7 July 2017
- 80 Organizations Send Letter to Congress to Oppose H.R. 1215
27 June 2017
- You Are on the Verge of Losing Legal Rights – PLEASE ACT NOW
26 June 2017
- America’s Long History of Unsafe and Deadly Drugs and Devices Sold to Women
1 June 2017