Colleen Mixan Mikaitis graduated from the John Marshall Law School in January 2013 and joined Levin & Perconti in April 2013 after passing the Illinois Bar exam. As an associate attorney, Colleen advocates on behalf of victims of negligence in all types of personal injury and wrongful death matters.
Colleen has extensive experience in the area of plaintiff's personal injury litigation. Prior to and during law school, she worked as a law clerk for two Chicago-area personal injury firms. Her experiences influenced her decision to pursue a career in personal injury litigation and taught her the importance of nurturing client relationships. "I enjoy getting to know my clients so I can better understand how their lives have been affected by their injury or loss of a loved one. These bonds motivate me to achieve the best possible outcomes for each of my clients."
As a student at John Marshall, Colleen completed an externship with federal judge John W. Darrah in the Northern District of Illinois in the Summer of 2012. She was named to the Dean's list for several consecutive terms and also received a CALI Award for Illinois Civil Procedure in the Fall of 2012. Additionally, she served as a Teaching Assistant for Professor Rogelio Lasso for two semesters.
Outside of work, Colleen is involved in both bar and charitable organizations. She is a member of the Women's Bar Association of Illinois, a Board Member of the McAuley Law Society and the Chicago Bar Association. She is also involved with Special Olympics.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Levin & Perconti
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.A. (2007) | Political Science
- The John Marshall Law School
- J.D. (2013)
- Honors: Named to the Dean's list for several consecutive terms and also received a CALI Award for Illinois Civil Procedure in the Fall of 2012.
- Activities: Served as a Teaching Assistant for Professor Rogelio Lasso for two semesters.
- Emerging Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers
- Rising Star
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- McAuley Law Society
- Board Member
- Colleen Mixan's Website Profile
- Levin & Perconti Website
- Illinois Injury Lawyer Blog
- Workers Lose, Insurance Companies Win with Workers’ Comp in Illinois
2 February 2018
- Medical Devices: An FDA Afterthought Despite Known Injuries and Death
19 January 2018
- The Biggest Consumer Injury Related Corporate Scandals of 2017
14 December 2017
- Binding Arbitration Agreements: Protecting Big Business More Important Than Protecting Americans
27 November 2017
- “A Full Blown Epidemic”: It’s Time to Speak up Against Sexual Harassment
3 November 2017
- 23 Year Old Woman Facing Battle Against Mesothelioma After Ingesting Asbestos as Child
26 October 2017
- Levin & Perconti: Fighting for Women Through Every Stage of Life
26 October 2017
- Woman Receives $500k After Deck Collapse Causes Broken Leg
23 October 2017
- Teacher’s Aide Hit Student with Autism at Chicago Public’s Hendricks Academy
6 October 2017