Free Consultation: (303) 228-2285
Offers Video Conferencing
Tap to Call This Lawyer
Cindy Perusse

Cindy Perusse

Experience Matters. Respecting Your Family~Protecting Your Future
  • Divorce, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation
  • Colorado, Minnesota
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Debra Crane
Debra Crane April 16, 2024
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
She is the best. It is a pleasure working with her. She is a very experience family law attorney.
Client Reviews
Dalton S. April 5, 2021
She was a major help in keeping my daughter in the state. Cindy was very helpful and knowledgeable in regards to my daughter's relocation case. She stood by 100% and always had the correct answer for all questions. It was a long case and was about a year long, however she never gave up and fought with me to do what was necessary. Very easy to talk to about everything going on and would listen and give great advice. Always told the truth even if it was something I was expecting to hear. Because of the help she gave and legal advice, I now have 50% custody of my daughter and she is staying in Colorado with her family. She will always be the first person i go to with any legal issues. I am very grateful for everything she has done for my daughter and I.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ALII PlatinumSocial MediaResponsive Law

Politics, public policy and solving problems have always been interesting to me. I like debates on important issues in our world. I think that is what led me to study law. The skill of presenting evidence to persuade others to agree with your view is at the core of being a good lawyer. Nearly 30 years of practicing family law has sharpened this skill for me.

I don't mind the intense emotions that often accompany divorce and child custody matters. My firm handles many contested cases each year but we always strive to resolve conflicts outside of court.

I know exactly how to succeed on the money side of family law cases such as valuing businesses, calculating income, ascertaining assets and debts, and figuring out a fair division of property. I partner with CPAs and Psychologists to bring what is needed to each case. Drafting and reviewing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are a big part of my practice as well.

I obtained my Bachelor's degree from UCLA, and completed my law degree at the Hamline University School of Law. I attended specialized training in family law mediation through the well-known Hamline University Mediation Center, and received advanced litigation training through the Family Law Trial Advocacy program at the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. I am licensed in both Minnesota and Colorado and serve clients in both states.

Volunteer service in the community is important to me. I donate my time at various free legal clinics, such as the Military Veterans’ legal clinic and Metro Volunteer Lawyers domestic relations clinics.

I was born and raised in Minnesota and have lived in southern and northern California. I have finally settled in the beautiful state of Colorado, with my family, which includes my husband (an Air Force Veteran), our adult son, and our Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier. I enjoy hiking, skiing, scuba diving, traveling, and watching our son play hockey.

Practice Areas
Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Child Custody, Child Support, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements
Arbitration & Mediation
Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Zoom
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Free Consultation
    Free consults for mediation cases only.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I do not take Pro Bono/free cases except through the Bar Associations. I require an advance fee of $5,000 on all cases. My rate is $400/hr. I also offer unbundled or limited representation for those clients who would like some legal guidance but who wish to manage the case themselves.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Perusse Family Law, PLLC
- Current
Representation in divorce, custody, property, maintenance, modifications and pre/postnuptial agreements.
Perusse Nixon, PLLC
Family Law practice
Perusse Family Law & Mediation Services, LLC
My own practice entirely in the area of divorce, child custody, parenting time, property division, spousal maintenance,prenuptials and postnuptial agreements.
Law Office of Lisa Dugoni
Family law firm in San Mateo, California
Law Office of Linda Olup
Family law firm representing high net worth clients
Law Office of Cindy M. Perusse
Law Clerk
3rd Judicial District
Mitchell Hamline School of Law
J.D. (1994) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of California - Los Angeles
B.A. (1988) | Geography
University of California - Los Angeles Logo
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Best Divorce Lawyers in Plymouth
Professional Associations
Minnesota State Bar Association-family law section  # 250491
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Women Owned Law Firms
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Colorado Bar Association-Family Law Section  # 43020
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Minnesota Child Custody: Laws & More
Custody Xchange
Stress-Free Divorce, Vol. 4
Remarkable Press
Impact Makers Radio Interview-"Let's Talk Divorce"
Impact Makers Radio-Stewart Alexander
Evidence Without Experts:Property Issues
American Bar Association
Early Neutral Evaluation as a Tool in Family Court
The Colorado Lawyer
Speaking Engagements
Lady Life Plan, Lone Tree, CO
Realty One
Educational seminar for women on financial tips for those going through divorce or considering getting married.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
16 Questions Answered
Q. My ex and I have a verbal agreement for living arrangements of one of our children. He has not returned her.
A: Verbal agreements re parenting time and custody are not enforceable by police or a court. You must get a court order reflecting your verbal agreement. If you have any order from the court regarding your joint children then follow that until you can get it modified. You could use the police to enforce return of your child from Grandparents however.
Q. My ex-husband and I both moved to other states after our divorce. We both want to alter the custody part of the divorce.
A: The state that issued the original order unless and until you request another tribunal (court) to take jurisdiction for one reason or another under a statute called the UCCJEA. But, as Ms. Janko said, if neither party or the children reside in the original state any longer then that is a basis to ask the new court to take jurisdiction. You would need to register the order in the new state in order to modify it in the new state. The two of you can agree to a new schedule and you can have that agreement approved by the court where the kids live.
Q. ISO a Domestic Relations attorney in Arapahoe County immediately
A: I can help you with advice only. We would need to talk more about what kind of limited services you are thinking of though and we would need to sign a representation agreement spelling it out.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Perusee Family Law PLLC
Englewood, CO Office
7887 E Belleview Avenue
Suite 1100
Denver, CO 80111
Telephone: (303) 228-2285
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: Free parking
Perusee Family Law PLLC
Bloomington, MN Office
7900 International Drive
Suite 300
Bloomington, MN 55425
Telephone: (612) 249-9343
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: free parking
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.