- Antitrust Law
- Business Law
- International Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Exempt Organizations
- International Business
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Publicly Held Companies
- Stoel Rives LLP
- University of Chicago Law School
- Activities: Christian has served on several bar committees including the Partnership and LLC Law Committee, Washington State Bar Association Business Law Section (current) and the Committee on International Law of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, among others. Christian provides recurrent consultations and advice to the Department of Homeland Security, the New York City Office of Emergency Management, and the National Library of Medicine of the National Institutes of Health. He has substantially participated in legal policy initiatives for several organizations including the Open Society Institute, the Moscow Branch of the Russian Science Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Council for Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies, the University of Chicago Law School (research fellow), New York University Schools of Law (research fellow) and Medicine (special counsel). He has provided consultations and advice to several ministries of European governments as well as various offices and programs of the United Nations.
- Activities: Special counsel, Bellevue Medical Center and New York University School of Medicine, New York City; policy analyst, Combating Corruption in Natural Resource Extraction, a project of the Open Society Institute Justice Initiative.
- Activities: Recent Publications Christian is the author or editor of dozens of legal publications, most recently, "Public Health in Planning and Implementing Large-Scale Evacuations," Journal of Business Continuity; "Voluntary Care of Children During Disasters," Journal of Pediatric Emergency Care; Legal Remedies for the Resource Curse (Open Society Press); co-author, Cairo Report: Human Rights in the Middle East and North Africa (Open Society Press); editor, Access to Justice in Transition Societies (pending publication by Columbia University School of Law).
- Activities: Pending and Recent Presentations"The Policy Implications and Historical Context of the Bear Sterns Bailout," Seattle Tax Group, Rainier Club, Seattle (May 2008).
- Activities: "Return of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act," Northwest China Council, Portland, Oregon (April 2008).
- Activities: "Legal Obstacles to Disaster Preparedness," Large Scale Emergency Response Project, New York University, New York, New York (March 2008).
- Activities: "Successor Liability Under the FCPA and OFAC," CLE Seminar, Seattle, Washington (March 2008).
- Activities: Christian regularly provides training and consultation presentations to the in-house law departments of large corporations.
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map