Cheryl Fletcher

Cheryl Fletcher

Cheryl Fletcher, Esq., West Palm Beach Immigration & Divorce Attorney
  • Immigration Law, Divorce, Family Law
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am Cheryl Fletcher, and I started my law firm to serve people and protect their rights. When faced with a legal issue, many people feel overwhelmed because they do not fully understand their rights and how to protect them. I provide a clear head, exceptional research skills, and complete preparedness to help you through these difficult times.

I started my career as a legal researcher at one of the largest universities in Florida. I have also worked in different law firms, writing legal briefs, drafting motions, affidavits and legal memorandums, creating case plans, conducting depositions, and representing people before the courts.

I understand that prospective clients will not care much about my old job. Understandably, you only care about what I know, what my clients think about me, and the results that I get.

But the lawyers on the other side will look me up online. They will want to know whether I am a formidable opponent. I can assure you that I am. I have successfully divided over $10 million in assets for divorcing couples, fought for custody of minor children and gotten hundreds of green cards and U.S. citizenship approved for immigration cases.

My passion for promoting, justice and fairness comes from my background. I was born and raised in a family of seven people—my two parents, two brothers and two sisters. Although our parents worked hard, we didn’t have much. However, I didn’t sit back and complain about what little resources we had. Instead, I worked hard in school and kept my grades up. I was able to beat the odds and become an attorney.

But, I am not merely a bleeding heart. This is how I make a living and the bottom line is, I am in the business of suing others to protect your legal rights. I charge a reasonable fee for my services. I believe each of my clients deserve legal representation of the highest quality.

I hope that we can work together.

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept all four major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and the Discover Card.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    *Flat Fees for most cases * Payment Plans are available
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Florida State Bar
- Current
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
J.D. (2015) | Law
Graduated in the top 10% of my class.
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Barry Law Review
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law Logo
University of the West Indies
M.S. (2005) | International Relations
Placeholder image for education.
University of the West Indies
B.S. (2003) | Political Science
Honors: Upper Second Class Honors
Activities: Track and Field and Debating Society
Placeholder image for education.
Immigration Law Book Award (Highest Grade in Class)
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
Federal Income Tax Book Award
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Divorce after permanent green card issued – How does this affect immigration status?
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. I got married in Dec2014 but only received my first green card in Jan2018 how long i wait before apply for citizenship?
A: If your spouse is a US citizen and you are still married and living together, you are eligible for naturalization 3 years from the day you became a lawful permanent resident. Best, Cheryl Fletcher, Esq.
Q. If I have conditional green card and my spouce wants divorce due to his health problems, can I still get permanent card?
A: As my colleague stated, you need to file form I-751 I your marriage ends in a divorce before your conditional residency expires. My concern for you however, is that, with such a short marriage it may raise red flags to the immigration officer about whether your marriage was real.
Q. Can I go back to court and re-negotiate the terms of our divorce agreement?
A: If there is a time limit in which the former wife was supposed to sell the boat and she hasn’t done so, then you may have a contempt action against her.
Q. I married my current partner 25 days before my divorce was finalized. I was unaware that the divorce had not been
A: If your second marriage occurred before the dissolution of your first marriage was finalized, the second marriage is void. This means that it is invalid, as if it never took place. You will need to marry your second spouse again.
Q. What happens if I get divorced while in aos process?, I have my work permit and we are waiting for the interview.
A: If you get divorced while the AOS is pending you are no longer considered an immediate relative of your spouse and are no longer eligible for the current visa category. There may be other options available to you which may mean that you do not have to leave the country. Speak to immigration attorney before you make any decisions. Regards, Cheryl Fletcher, Esq.
Q. I was married and he got my permanent resident now I not sure if my card it's expired my question what I need to do
A: You may need to set an Infopass appointment with your USCIS district office to find out whether your green card is expired. You can also do an application for a replacement permanent resident card if the card is lost, stolen or mutilated. Regards, Cheryl Fletcher, Esq.
Q. can I refile for divorce from Florida if I have already started the process in California?
A: You can file a notice of voluntary dismissal in the California divorce case. Assuming that your spouse did not file a counter petition, then the notice of voluntary dismissal should be sufficient to get the case dismissed. Also, the clerk may close the case on its own after a long period of inactivity, without you having to do anything. You may file for a divorce in Florida after you have had six months of residency. Only one spouse needs to meet this residency requirement. Regards, Cheryl Fletcher, Esq.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
West Palm Beach Office
5725 Corporate Way
Suite 206
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Telephone: (561) 507-5772
Fax: (561) 763-7487