Free Consultation: (888) 909-1906Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles M.  Baron

Charles M. Baron

Law & Mediation Offices of Charles M. Baron, P.A. - Hollywood, Florida
  • Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Consumer Law ...
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Offering top-notch legal services in South Florida for over 36 years.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Employment Law
    Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Animal & Dog Law
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
Additional Practice Areas
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Car Accidents
  • Slip & Fall
  • Police Misconduct/False Arrest
  • General Civil
  • Condominium Law
  • Discrimination
  • Handicap Rights
  • Malicious Prosecution
Video Conferencing
  • Zoom
  • WhatsApp
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent (percentage) fees offered in appropriate cases
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free consultations for some types of cases; otherwise, reasonable consultation fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Finnish: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
  • Swedish: Spoken, Written
University of Florida
J.D. (1984) | Law
University of Florida Logo
University of Florida
B.A. (1981) | Political Science
University of Florida Logo
Professional Associations
Broward County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Lawyers Guild
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Broward Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Lawyers Program
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar  # 509825
- Current
Activities: Federal District Court, Federal Appeals Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Qualified Arbitrator
Florida Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
Facebook Page
Legal Answers
560 Questions Answered
Q. If you get a car accident. Can they sue your fiancé once you get married
A: If your fiance had nothing to do with the accident (no involvement, no vehicle ownership), she cannot be sued. However, if you happen to have any assets prior to marriage and, in order to avoid paying a judgment debt, shift those assets to your future spouse or to yourself and your spouse jointly, the plaintiff could attempt to go after those assets under the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act. A different issue you may face, if you did not have adequate liability insurance coverage and you cannot pay a personal injury-based judgment debt, is the potential suspension of your driver's license for up to three years.
Q. Is it illegal to protest/share a negative experience with a business?
A: If you convey facts that are 100% truthful, your statements do not constitute unlawful defamation. However, you are correct that "anyone can sue anyone". Are you prepared to spend many thousands of dollars to defend yourself (with an attorney)? All the other party has to do is to file a court complaint alleging that your statements are knowingly false and have damaged them, and you are off to the races. Additionally, the other party might sue you for tortious interference with advantageous business relationship(s), which they can argue applies even assuming you are telling the truth. That cause of action is available if the other party can prove (1) the existence of a business relationship under which they have legal rights; (2) your knowledge of the relationship; (3) your intentional and unjustified interference with the relationship; and (4) damages resulting from the breach of the relationship. In some circumstances, the alleged relationship can be with identifiable prospective customers, not just established customers. And there again, they may have no leg to stand on, but can litigate it anyway. Can you attempt to pave the way for strong defenses if you are sued? Sure, but that may not prevent you from being sued. If you are prepared to spend a lot of money, you should consult an attorney in your area handling commercial litigation or general civil litigation. By the way, I see you did inquire about you suing them, such as for breach of contract, fraud, or deceptive and unfair trade practices. If you have not looked into that already, you may want to consult an attorney in your area who handles consumer protection matters.
Q. Hello! How can I have an unauthorized tenant removed?
A: The first issue is what the lease says, if anything, about how long guests may stay. The second issue is, does the landlord care? If the landlord cares, and the lease is being violated, the landlord may take action. If the lease is being violated, but the landlord doesn't care, you possibly may have legal grounds to VACATE the unit with an early termination of your lease (or your responsibility under the lease) upon seven days notice to the landlord requesting the landlord to cure the problem. In any event, your first step is to address the problem with your co-tenant. The logical way to look at it is this: the arrangement that's in writing envisions three people in the unit. Therefore, what is the damage/inconvenience to you caused by the third tenant being the boyfriend instead of the mother, who is the true third tenant on the lease?
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Charles M. Baron, P.A. Law & Mediation Offices
2200 Hollywood Blvd.
Suite A
Hollywood, FL 33020
Toll-Free: (888) 909-1906
Telephone: (954) 919-5669
Fax: (305) 933-9992
Monday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Appointments outside of business hours are also available.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.